+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Sounds like a great diet! Water won't fill him up I promise! It's also good to introduce at this age mainly to get them used to it as he will naturally start dropping milk feeds in the next 5 months as his solids increase so he needs the water - anytime you offer him solids just put a sippy cup of water on his tray , at first he will play with it but will soon work it out , my DS wasn't a fan of sippy cups and went straight to the straw ones so you just have to see what he likes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    As additional advice, I can't remember how much dairy is meant to be in a baby's diet, but there is a chart on cyh.com.au website.
    It is ok to substitute milk with cheese etc if bub is not drinking enough milk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughter has never been much of a fan of milk... she's mostly breastfed, and she'll drink much easier if it's ebm/formula in a bottle, but even then she has preferred solids pretty much since she started on them.

I've only ever been worried (about a month ago) about her fluid intake when she was refusing most feeds and was constipated. If your son seems well hydrated, satisfied with what he's eating, generally happy & healthy... then I personally wouldn't worry.

Of course, if you DON'T want him to eat that much/want him to drink more you could always drop some of the food... but it's up to you. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Sounds like a great diet! Water won't fill him up I promise! It's also good to introduce at this age mainly to get them used to it as he will naturally start dropping milk feeds in the next 5 months as his solids increase so he needs the water - anytime you offer him solids just put a sippy cup of water on his tray , at first he will play with it but will soon work it out , my DS wasn't a fan of sippy cups and went straight to the straw ones so you just have to see what he likes
    I will give a little sipper cup a go. Thanks again
    Would i have to boil the water?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by moongazer View Post
    As additional advice, I can't remember how much dairy is meant to be in a baby's diet, but there is a chart on cyh.com.au website.
    It is ok to substitute milk with cheese etc if bub is not drinking enough milk.
    Thanks he's not having any dairy at all yet besides his formula. I was always confused as to when you can introduce yoghurt....and when do you give it to them if the are not yet having snacks between meals? sorry about the dumb question lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I never boiled water but I do have a purifier , with dairy, yogurt from 6 months is fine, just get the Greek or plain ones and add your own fruit ( DS loved goats yogurt!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ditto PP. if u have a puratap then that's enough. I don't so I boil the water first.

Any food except honey is ok for your bubs now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like your doing great and he's going to be a good little eater! Don't worry too much. Like someone said before, just keep offering bottles, that's all you can do.

I gave my ds from 6 months pretty much anything! (Exept honey and really spicy foods). I didn't boil his water either from 6 months (heard that tap is fine). He eats like a horse! And has a great variety.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with above. All foods except honey.
    Formula would be included in "dairy" quota.

You can add cheese to veggies. Give Greek yoghurt with stewed fruits. Baby pasta with cheese sauces and veggies.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Excllent advice thank you all. I didnt know he could have yogurt now
    how do i go about the night bottle? he has dinner first then 2hrs later has that bottle. Sometimes he takes it all but sometimes, like last night, took 60mls He still slept through the night and scoffed his 7am bottle. He took all of the other 3 bottles though out the day + his food. I just hate the waste. it's damn expensive.
    He had chickn curry with rice (pureed) for dinner and i added about 20mls formula for consistency. He just kept going, putting his hands in the bowl and taking the spoon off me. Grizzling because i was going too slow. I just went with him but then because he has a bottle afterwards (2hrs later)...he's not quite interested....hrmmmmm Making his dinner at 4/4.30 sounds a bit silly, id rather have dd and ds both eating together. It would do my head in if i had to have their dinner at seperate times lol
    Last edited by the very last country song; 26-07-2013 at 07:55.