Bulbasaur is offline Life is to short to live without icecream
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Try not to make eye contact! Lol that's what I do at the shops

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have been a telemarketer in the past *hangs head in shame* so I am never rude to these people but just smile and say no thanks. The ones that annoy me are the door to door charity knickers who have a minimum donation! WTF?? I told the guy from Red Cross that I could afford a $10 donation each month and he said no our minimum is $25!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Charity knockers lol not knickers

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Just*Ace For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Drives me nuts lately. I do feel sorry for these salespeople as I know retail is struggling. I like to deliver a very firm but polite 'No, not interested thank-you!' with a smile and just keep on walking. If they persist I give them an even bigger smile accompanied by 'I said no and I meant it'. No one argues any further with that. Same strategy I use for when DS starts to whinge about wanting something he can't have... but it doesn't always work with him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just say sorry i dont have time while still walking. If u stop they will get you!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Just*Ace View Post
    I have been a telemarketer in the past *hangs head in shame* so I am never rude to these people but just smile and say no thanks. The ones that annoy me are the door to door charity knickers who have a minimum donation! WTF?? I told the guy from Red Cross that I could afford a $10 donation each month and he said no our minimum is $25!
    Same I used to be a telemarketer too. So I'm always polite but it's annoying. I hate being made to be rude.

And I'm well and truly over the religious ones who pop around to save me from how awful the world is. They **** me off because they rock up telling me how **** life is and when I said "actually I think the world is a great place". Ha! Take that! I'm happy! You can't sell me salvation!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

NurseAnni  (25-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The upsell when buying petrol drives me absolutely spare, particularly if youre in a hurry, or youre watching your diet to avoid GD and last thing you want is somebody to force chocolate on you I usually say petrol only thank you very firmly when I get to the counter. Ive still had somebody try it a couple of times after that and I told them I would make a complaint if they asked me again!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven't read all the replies yet, but I cannot STAND the pixie photo people at my local shopping centre!!! Aaaaarrgh!!! LEAVE.ME.ALONE! My biggest issue is, I might spend 2 hours or so walking around and happen to pass them maybe 3 or 4 times over that time period, so they forget that they've already asked me 5 minutes ago! It really annoys me. No thanks, I do not want to pay $200 for you to take my dd's picture, I can do it myself. I don't say that, though, I just tell them that I've already had them done
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 24-07-2013 at 20:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I haven't read all the replies yet, but I cannot STAND the pixie photo people at my local shopping centre!!! Aaaaarrgh!!! LEAVE.ME.ALONE! My biggest issue is, I might spend 2 hours or so walking around and happen to pass them maybe 3 or 4 times over that time period, so they forget that they've already asked me 5 minutes ago! It really annoys me. No thanks, I do not want to pay $200 for you to take my dd's picture, I can do it myself. I don't say that, though, I just tell them that I've already had them done
    Lol I tell them my husband is a photographer (he's not, he's in IT) and they usually leave me alone. I did have one who tried to convince me that I should get their photos done as well... Seriously? If I can get them done for FREE in the comfort of my own home, why the hell would I pay for yours?!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (25-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    To play the devil's advocate... In the case of the hairdressers they probably kind of have to in order to be a valuable employee and make it worthwhile for the business to keep them on.

But I know it's annoying sometimes. Whenever those skin care ones in shops try to harass me I just tell them what I do for a living and they leave me alone.
    Last edited by SassyMummy; 24-07-2013 at 22:36.