+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Im so OVER sales people!!!!!

Seriously, STOP trying to push me to buy your stuff, im NOT interested. Same goes for when im at the hairdressers, no i DO NOT WANT to buy your overpriced products, no matter how many times i decline, they just keep on going! AARGH?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep Its so annoying! Especially when I'm being hassled by the Gotcha photographers even when Im clearly not interested. How many freakin times do I have to say no in the space of 45 seconds! In the end I just walk and ignore and I can still here them calling out to me...clearly I don't want your services!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can't stand it but I feel sorry for them as I use to work in clothing sales and its so hard to sell when it's not in your personality to be pushy. I didn't last long in that job!! The most annoying to me is the guys in shopping centres that sell lifesavers raffle tickets. I always find them to be sleazy. "Hey gorgeous can I talk to you for a minute?" That sort of thing....bleeurrr

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any of those "charity" sellers annoy the bejeezus out of me. If I want to donate I will of my own accord. Also the skincare people with the stalls in the shopping centres, no I don't want your smelly chemicals rubbed into my hand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    and car yard salesmen. no I am just looking, I do not want to test drive anything yet.. just looking - ever heard of that??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get how annoying it can be - the worst is when the doorbell goes at dinner time or when bub is asleep.

But...these people need to earn money too. The sales industry can be very difficult and is often on commission only (or very minimal salary). So yes they can appear pushy, but this can also be viewed as often desperate. Desperate to pay the rent, put fuel in the car, feed the family etc

I know this probably goes against the point of your thread I'm sorry, but just putting the 'other side' out there

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I understand they have a job to do, so I politely decline but if they are at the front door and keep talking I tell them I am closing the door now. If on the phone I tell them I have to hang up. If in the shops I just walk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree, I really don't like them and it turns me off going anywhere near them. The ones at the shopping centres I will rush past quickly and pretend I'm busy, I don't get the phone ones anymore as we have a private number and the door to door ones also can't get to us as we have an intercom on the gate so they can't get to our front door.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were hassled to buy theme park tickets on the Gold Coast for next to nothing. The catch was we had to go to a presentation at a Wyndham hotel. Obviously wanting to sell us some holiday time share thing...they were so rude and pushy when I said I wasnt interested and would rather pay full price for our tickets. I feel sorry for the people that do get sucked into it though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate it too!!! I find it hard saying no and feel like I should donate or buy something or whatever. My tactic is when I see them in a shopping centre is to whip out my phone, put it on silent (in case it rings) and have a loud imaginary conversation!!! Foolproof and works for me every time