+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    Well I'm not sure I understood your comment either. I'm not a celebrity watcher at all, neither am I a fan of the royals really. But I don't think it was highly contrived, highly managed yes but only to protect their privacy. I don't think they worked their public at all, as far as the "Fresh Prince" goes. But it was a tongue in cheek suggestion, that they only had a baby to work the public
    I saw it in exactly the same vein as the first public kiss after a royal wedding. The baby is brought out and the little family is presented to the public. I had presumed it was a bit of a tradition, but I could be very wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I mostly find this surprising that the hospital didn't check the baby was safely secure before letting them leave??? I know in the States it's routine to check the baby is secure and that the parents know how to do it properly before allowing the parents to leave. I haven't been able to bring a baby home here yet, but I had assumed it would be the same?? Maybe the UK doesn't have the same safety standards for how an infant should be in the seat. But also, we don't know if somebody was in the back that secured him properly so I can't be bothered judging them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It actually makes me like them a little more to know they aren't 'perfect' 😉

Oh and I have that same wrap lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    I saw it in exactly the same vein as the first public kiss after a royal wedding. The baby is brought out and the little family is presented to the public. I had presumed it was a bit of a tradition, but I could be very wrong.
    My assumption is that it is tradition, Diana and Charles did the same thing with William and Harry when they left the same hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    I mostly find this surprising that the hospital didn't check the baby was safely secure before letting them leave??? I know in the States it's routine to check the baby is secure and that the parents know how to do it properly before allowing the parents to leave. I haven't been able to bring a baby home here yet, but I had assumed it would be the same?? Maybe the UK doesn't have the same safety standards for how an infant should be in the seat. But also, we don't know if somebody was in the back that secured him properly so I can't be bothered judging them.
    Its definitely not the same here

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBid For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    Bury it under a ton of spanx like every other celebrity, I suspect.
    Oh right! Haha I didn't even think of that!! How uncomfortable though!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBid View Post
    Its definitely not the same here
    It should be!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did also see when prince William strapped the bubba into the car. Once they were on their way Kate put her seat belt on and turned her attention to her new born baby. Seriously they are first time parents

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am sure we all did something that someone didn't like with our first born. They would have been not scared but anxious taking baby home anyway let alone with all the judgmental comments from everyone :-(.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think everyone should be less concerned about the flipping car seat and more concerned about Will's comment that "this is the first time we've properly seen him".

Guess the royal baby was whisked away after birth?