+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do feel sorry for them. I missed the footage, but when I saw them walking out with the baby capsule I actually thought that it would be horrible putting a baby in the car for the first time with the world watching. I would hate it if my every parenting move was scrutinised, despite the apparent benefits that the popularity surge might have for the royals. Hopefully someone lets them know for next time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Really? You don't think this new surge of popularity is important to the royal family? Maintaining relevance was something they were really struggling with for a while there. William and Kate have boosted ratings, ensuring that said power and positions keep on keeping on
    I'm sure they like it, don't get me wrong! But I don't think it matters hugely- they aren't going to get ousted for not being popular, iykwim?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Please discuss
    Attachment 39723

Baby's first royal wave.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Stiflers Mom For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (24-07-2013),Buttoneska  (24-07-2013),FearlessLeader  (24-07-2013),FrothyFrog  (24-07-2013),giggle berry  (24-07-2013),Happymum2  (24-07-2013),lambjam  (24-07-2013),NancyBlackett  (24-07-2013),Pesca77  (24-07-2013),snowqu33n  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought Kate looked beautiful, very natural and fresh, thought it was so beautiful that William drove them home. Wildly romantic I thought.

Best of luck to them, together 12 years and finally have a little baby.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (24-07-2013),FirstTimeMummy2012  (24-07-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Bless. This is what happened, I'll guarantee: they didn't want to unwrap him because it 'might be a bit chilly out there' so they waited till they got in the car and had the doors shut. And Will would have been under instruction to walk VERY VERY CAREFULLY.
    I was worried about the outside air and sun on my first for aaages. Lol.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

#Mama  (24-07-2013),giggle berry  (24-07-2013)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    He had no choice to be born into the family, it's true. But it's also true that if we *stopped* photographing and discussing the royal family they'd be in strife. They've encouraged and benefitted from this new wave of royal watching. It's not like they were shying from the cameras or caught off-guard; it was a highly contrived event.
    Highly contrived to avoid scrutiny and maintain their privacy, I reckon. No one knew the date, the s3x, the name, they got into the hosp with no one knowing. Then showed him to the world and politely requested some space to get to know each other. I think the handled it so well, in the glare of the spotlight.

Or maybe they only had a baby to promote their image???

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    Highly contrived to avoid scrutiny and maintain their privacy, I reckon. No one knew the date, the s3x, the name, they got into the hosp with no one knowing. Then showed him to the world and politely requested some space to get to know each other. I think the handled it so well, in the glare of the spotlight.

Or maybe they only had a baby to promote their image???
    I'm not understanding this response... I haven't criticised them at all. All I've pointed out is that the royal family are much like any other celebrities, and try to work the media and curious public to their advantage.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not understanding this response... I haven't criticised them at all. All I've pointed out is that the royal family are much like any other celebrities, and try to work the media and curious public to their advantage.
    Well I'm not sure I understood your comment either. I'm not a celebrity watcher at all, neither am I a fan of the royals really. But I don't think it was highly contrived, highly managed yes but only to protect their privacy. I don't think they worked their public at all, as far as the "Fresh Prince" goes. But it was a tongue in cheek suggestion, that they only had a baby to work the public

Thanks
    Reviews
    First time parents made a mistake, sure it happens and for them it's a shame it was in front of the world. Hopefully how lovely they all looked together is the memory that will live on!

But what I was surprised about was the fact that not one of their dozen 'people' or hospital staff corrected them, BEFORE facing the world with bub like that in the capsule. Apart from the safety aspect, unfortunately they are role models and people do watch/follow every move celebrities make. Being in the car 4mins or 4hrs is irrelevant, still a risk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wonder if this thread would have had a different 'vibe' if it was say Britney spears who had strapped her child in wrong instead of the beloved royals???

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following User Says Thank You to melimum For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (24-07-2013)