+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Oh come on people, lighten up. They're celebrities. We photograph. We discuss.
    Sure, but they're also people, and new parents. I dunno, I feel sorry for people whose every move is scrutinized. It's not like Wills had a choice in his fame, you know? He's no Kim K

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Sure, but they're also people, and new parents. I dunno, I feel sorry for people whose every move is scrutinized. It's not like Wills had a choice in his fame, you know? He's no Kim K
    He had no choice to be born into the family, it's true. But it's also true that if we *stopped* photographing and discussing the royal family they'd be in strife. They've encouraged and benefitted from this new wave of royal watching. It's not like they were shying from the cameras or caught off-guard; it was a highly contrived event.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    He had no choice to be born into the family, it's true. But it's also true that if we *stopped* photographing and discussing the royal family they'd be in strife. They've encouraged and benefitted from this new wave of royal watching. It's not like they were shying from the cameras or caught off-guard; it was a highly contrived event.
    What benefits? Popularity? I don't remember the last time I saw a pap shot of Prince Phillip or Prince Charles, but that doesn't change their power or position. While I have no doubt they were aware the media old be there, they are still nervous first time parents who are, IMO, entitled to a few mistakes. Either way, I'm sure someone will let them know how to use the carseat properly. How embarrassing for them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually find it more odd that more people are not commenting when he said "it's the first time we have seen him really so we are having a proper chance to catch up". It was 27 hrs post birth ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lila123 View Post
    I actually find it more odd that more people are not commenting when he said "it's the first time we have seen him really so we are having a proper chance to catch up". It was 27 hrs post birth ??
    Because he probably meant that she only gave birth a day ago.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No parent if perfect we all make mistakes so why is it not ok for a celebrity to make them? I look back on some of the pictures from the day I bought DD home and I cringe at how clueless I was!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppyGuts View Post
    If you watch the actual footage, late gets in next to him and starts fussing so probably did it up then, my bub would scream when I buckle him so she probably wanted to save herself the flustered photographs
    I agree. Where's the footage anyway?

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    What benefits? Popularity? I don't remember the last time I saw a pap shot of Prince Phillip or Prince Charles, but that doesn't change their power or position.
    Really? You don't think this new surge of popularity is important to the royal family? Maintaining relevance was something they were really struggling with for a while there. William and Kate have boosted ratings, ensuring that said power and positions keep on keeping on

babycake is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Funniest Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The British media and tabloids are the most merciless in the world. Do you not think they would have already picked up on it and milking it by now. I can't see anything about it in the UK papers.....
    i am pretty sure the it would have been fixed in the car, you can see someone fussing in the back.
    Just something else to judge new parents for to make ourselves feel better methinks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really, who cares. Who is to say they didnt drive off to get away from every one and then she adjusted it properly? I remember how paranoid I was about doing everything right with a newborn for the first time. I am sure that Kate is the same.