+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lila123 View Post
    I don't know, but he didn't say anything about time "alone" with the baby. He said "It's the first time we have seen him really so we are having a proper chance to catch up".

She had the baby at 4:24pm the day before and this was around 6pm the next day. Plenty of time to be with your new baby. It was an odd way of expressing it I guess, I hope he meant time with the baby without families and medical staff.
    Given they spent the first four hours after birth together as a 'family', Williams changed the baby's first nappy and spent the night at the hospital with Kate and the baby I don't think it is too much of a stretch to assume he meant it was their first chance to spend some time alone that day after the whirl of discharge checks, breastfeeding help and family visits.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh for gods sake, the car seat was fixed up by someone in the back.

He meant it was the first time they had really got to see him alone. Think of all the staff, etc.

I'm sure they're both emotional and sleep deprived so forgive them for not phrasing themselves well enough.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

babycake  (24-07-2013),babylove81  (24-07-2013),Kirst33  (24-07-2013),TimeForWine  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    Given they spent the first four hours after birth together as a 'family', Williams changed the baby's first nappy and spent the night at the hospital with Kate and the baby I don't think it is too much of a stretch to assume he meant it was their first chance to spend some time alone that day after the whirl of discharge checks, breastfeeding help and family visits.
    So you personally were there?

Let's face this thread (my posts included) is speculation entirely based on ONE photo and ONE sentence that was said.

Unless any of us are secretly Kate or even Pippa in disguise then no one actually had a flipping clue about whether or not that baby was buckled in properly, whether they were taught properly, whether the baby did spend the night in a nursery or rooming in with Kate.

We can all sit here and keep speculating but none of us will be actually know whats happened.

And quite frankly, I don't really care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If even the most muppet parents can figure out a car seat, I really don't think it's a 50/50 chance that Wills and Kate and their entourage couldn't figure it out. Fair assumption that they did. And it's not the same fiddly seatbelt system we have over here either.

And now we are talking about Kate's alleged lack of skin on skin? Far out.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

Lil M  (24-07-2013),Mokeybear  (24-07-2013),NancyBlackett  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, it is all speculation. So why worry about one comment out of Prince William's mouth?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kirst33 For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Oh for gods sake, the car seat was fixed up by someone in the back.

He meant it was the first time they had really got to see him alone. Think of all the staff, etc.

I'm sure they're both emotional and sleep deprived so forgive them for not phrasing themselves well enough.
    Umm yep. Exactly all of this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    Yes, it is all speculation. So why worry about one comment out of Prince William's mouth?
    Why worry about one photo? :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    So you personally were there?

Let's face this thread (my posts included) is speculation entirely based on ONE photo and ONE sentence that was said.

Unless any of us are secretly Kate or even Pippa in disguise then no one actually had a flipping clue about whether or not that baby was buckled in properly, whether they were taught properly, whether the baby did spend the night in a nursery or rooming in with Kate.

We can all sit here and keep speculating but none of us will be actually know whats happened.

And quite frankly, I don't really care.
    Drawing on the information available - and let's face it there is plenty - I think it is fairly easy to draw a reasonable conclusion about both the car seat and the random comment by an excited (and no doubt tired) new father.

Not that I want to liken BH to a jury (ha ha), but it's the same principle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why worry about one photo? :P
    I wasn't worried...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think everyone should be less concerned about the flipping car seat and more concerned about Will's comment that "this is the first time we've properly seen him".

Guess the royal baby was whisked away after birth?
    Ermm as in... He'd been in Kate's belly for the last 9 months and been earth side a day. Makes sense to me.

*that's just how I took it, it was in response to naming baby yeah? We said the same as to why katelyn wasn't named right away - we'd only just met her.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (25-07-2013),DarcyJ  (24-07-2013),Kirst33  (24-07-2013),Pina Colada  (24-07-2013)