+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got through it by relaxing my standards and doing what I could when I could. I have 3, and once they get to around 15-18 months I think it starts being do-able for me. They start to play for longer periods and the good part is that you can send them off to play with each other! When I only had two, around 6 months was the hardest age because the 6 month old wanted constant personal stimulation and the toddler had no one to play with and was used to me playing with her. I feel like I get more done now with 3, except the washing. Never on top of that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm interested in the replies too! When baby is born I'll have a 4.5 year old, and an almost 2 year old. I can hardly keep up with the washing now!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to inertia For This Useful Post:

Star Light  (23-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 3 year old and a 15 week old, it's going well so far. I usually have to get up once in the night to BF at around 3 am so I like to have a sleep in after that, to around 7.30am. My 3 year old gets up at around 6.30am and goes into the lounge room and turns the tv on or plays with the iPad until I get up. My husband is off to work by around 6am.

In the mornings I get my daughter breakfast, BF the baby, get us all dressed and do a few chores such as unload dishwasher and put a load of washing on and make beds, then we all head off to the gym or for a walk. Today we went to story time at the library and tomorrow we have swimming lessons.

Most days I can get them both down for an afternoon nap at the same time ( though this doesn't always happen), so I have time to eat lunch in peace, watch some trashy tv and do a bit more housework.

I am really enjoying my new little family

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

Star Light  (23-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Re:washing, I usually do a load each day which is how I keep on top of it. On nice sunny days I will do the towels and sheets as I hate using the dryer.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

Star Light  (23-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    In terms of meals, I have found my slow cooker to be really handy. I usually put it on around lunch time, then we can have dinner whenever it suits us, in between BF. today I have put apricot chicken on and last night was chicken cacciatore. My husband takes the leftovers to work. I have also done chilli con carne, lamb shanks, curries, beef stew. I love my slow cooker.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

Star Light  (23-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i have a 7 mth old, 2.5 year old and 4 year old and some days are tough but i just do particular chores on certain days and it gets done. i think routine and organisation is a must or it goes out the window.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Star Light  (23-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the replies - I'm glad i'm not the only one who has found it challenging (must not just be me being completely hopeless then). I REALLY struggled with the first 6 weeks or so mainly because I was physically very unwell after the birth of my son, requiring me to go to hospital twice. Things got better and easier until now. My eldest (and once almost perfectly behaved) appears to have well and truly hit the "terrible twos" (severe selective hearing, argumentative and generally testing the boundaries!). My 6 month old is relatively easy (on his own) - but put the two together and I feel like I don't have time to do anything! DS1 was once so gentle with the baby but has become very rough and doing things to hurt him (eg. biting him). I am hoping it will all just pass and settle down soon. Thanks for all the advice