+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Our plan is to tell our parents and close friends at the 12 week mark and then just let word of mouth do the rest. DH isn't keen on a FB announcement, he thinks it's tacky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think I've mentioned before... Telling those close to us at the moment (11 weeks) and the rest will be just word of mouth too...

What are you thinking @Arlais? And how's things going with the SS's and ex wife??

Angel Baby ~Skye~ 21/11/2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin859 View Post
    I think I've mentioned before... Telling those close to us at the moment (11 weeks) and the rest will be just word of mouth too...

What are you thinking @Arlais? And how's things going with the SS's and ex wife??

We've told one of DH's sons (the one that can keep quiet) and it seems so far so good. My sister in law (not the one who is friends with the ex) came up to the new house on the weekend and we told her then - partially because I had to heat up the chicken she brought up for lunch! It was lovely how excited she was for us

I'm just curious to know where others are at with the whole announcement issue, because we've told a few people now that are close to us (my parents, sister, DH's father, best friend, one of his sons and now one of his sisters) - I kind of feel safe to do so at this stage, but at the same time I really want that reassurance of everything being okay with the NT scan next week before it goes widely public.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hope everyone has been having a good week so far. Spent yesterday on lounge sleeping or throwing up despite maxalon and zofren and went shopping today by necessity for work.

DH has only told his parents and brothers doesn't want to jinx anything. I have told family and secretly 4 of my closest friends who all knew we were ttc and family friends. Will tell other friends after scan in 2.5 wks DH is excited to tell his mates then. Will FB announce at some point but will have to tell work first since friends with bosses niece. My mum is so excited she can't wait to tell everyone, mum and dads friends were telling them of first grandchild they were going to have and mum said nothing as she wants to wait till all safe and she is given the go ahead to say.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Due with baby No.1 April 18th! Sooo happy

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAUSMROS For This Useful Post:

JessyJ  (18-09-2013),poida84  (18-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JAUSMROS View Post
    Due with baby No.1 April 18th! Sooo happy
    Congrats!!!!!!!

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats JAUSMROS and welcome!!

How is everyone going?

DH and I decided last night that we will tell our parents (and then pretty much everyone else) if all looks good at our OB appt next week. I'll be 11+2 so we think that's a pretty good time to tell. I'm quite excited! Can't wait for people to know!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've now told all of our family now lilac.. I'll be 12 weeks on Saturday (we did it last weekend).

All going fine here. Just plodding along. NT scan on Monday and next OB appointment on Thursday so just waiting waiting for me!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Doing fine here too - looking forward to my NT scan next Wednesday!

So tired today, but thankfully morning sickness hasn't been quite so bad the past couple of days - just a constant feeling of nausea rather than intense bouts

Hope everyone else is happily growing their little bubbas!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for your NT scans! Mines in 2 weeks.

4 days till next OB appointment! I'm nervous but excited!
    Does anyone else get apprehensive before a scan? I try not to entertain negative thoughts but they creep in sometimes