+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseBetweenTheThorns View Post
    JessyJ - I am classed as high risk so would not be able to go in midwife program, plus i have to have a c-sec anyway so no point really.
    All previous 5 births have been public and i have never had an issue. Was just curious why so many choose to go private.
    Lilac - Hope work goes ok for you. hope the vomiting eases soon.
    You're on your 6th birth! Eek! I can see if you need to or were planning on having a cs it would be good to go private, you'd definitely get a longer stay and a bit more peace and quiet too You gotta do what suits you best I reckon and I think we are lucky to be able to choose somewhat too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JessyJ View Post
    You're on your 6th birth! Eek! I can see if you need to or were planning on having a cs it would be good to go private, you'd definitely get a longer stay and a bit more peace and quiet too You gotta do what suits you best I reckon and I think we are lucky to be able to choose somewhat too!
    I have been pretty lucky to have my own single room with all my c-sec births. I requested to stay an extra day last time and they had no problem, but usually I want out lol

Sent from my LT15i using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RoseBetweenTheThorns For This Useful Post:

JessyJ  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies

Hope you are all doing well I was just wondering if any of you are showing yet? I am 11 weeks tomorrow and no bump and barely any weight gain I only weighed 56 kilos to begin with so i thought i would show earlier. I am so scared that my baby stopped growing I don't have another scan until the 27th which will make it 6 weeks since my first scan. I looked 5 months pregnant last night i was so bloated but this morning it's all gone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think you technically start showing until your uterus starts rising above your pubic bone, which happens around 12-14 weeks, so you'd probably start getting a noticeable belly around 16 weeks.

Having said that, many ladies due around the same time have been saying they've gone from having lots of bloating at night to being significantly bloated all day (including me). Some days are better than others, but I can easily look about 5 months pregnant a lot of the time!

Even though your organs and intestines are getting ready to move up to make room for baby, most of the bloating can be attributed to the slowing down of your digestive system as it tries to pull out as much nutrients for the baby before letting the food pass through. Water retention can also play a big part too.

How your uterus sits is a factor in how early you start to show - if it's anteverted (sitting towards the front) then you will show earlier than someone with a retroverted (pointing to your back) or normally positioned uterus.

I'm definitely looking forward to getting a definitive bump and not just looking like I'm good friends with the cookie jar :sly:

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

JessyJ  (14-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my first pregnancy I didn't have a real bump until about 30 weeks, last pregnancy was 6 weeks I stopped fitting in my clothes. I am 7-8 weeks now and nothing fits around the waist, this is number 6 though. You show and pop alot earlier the more you have

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great pic -RBTT You do not look like you have had 6kids!

I definitely feel bigger this time around (my 3rd) and I am hungry all the time! Trying to make the best food choices possible (I eat pretty much sugar free due to autoimmune issues) but I am tempted by every naughty thing in the fridge, must have will power!

Off to OB tomorrow to find out if this bub is hanging in there and hopefully get a better idea on due date.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get that alot, but I sure feel it! Lol.
    Hope all goes well at your appt.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RoseBetweenTheThorns For This Useful Post:

Frangi  (13-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    FTmumma I wouldn't worry about not gaining weight! Everyone is different. I've had friends who didn't really start gaining till 20 weeks. I myself have lost close to 5kg due to morning sickness. I've definitely got no bump yet either. Can't wait I'll I do, I think it will make it more real then!

Frangi good luck with your OB appt today!! Got everything crossed for you!

Rose that's a lovely bump you have!

Hi Arlais, munchkin, jessyj, wobbler sorry if I missed anyone!

AFM I think my morning sickness is getting better. Had a shocking day yesterday but the rest of the week I've felt OK hope this means its on its way out! Next OB appointment and therefore scan in just over a week!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilac07 For This Useful Post:

Frangi  (13-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lilac!

Good to hear you ms has laid off this week... Hopefully it stays that way!

All plodding along nicely here, at least that's what I think... And hope!

Told the rest of my family last night. Grandparents, uncles and aunties etc... So will phone and email DH's this weekend probably... Get it out of the way, then if someone finds out about someone else etc, at least we won't feel bad about family hearing on the grapevine!

Also had my NT bloods yesterday so I have a nice big blue bruise... I hate the hate blood tests! Grr

What's everyone up to this weekend? Anything exciting?

Angel Baby ~Skye~ 21/11/2012