Frangi  (07-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin859 View Post
    Frangi. Hoping for the best for you.

And Rose, private for me!!

Angel Baby ~Skye~ 21/11/2012
    Just seems so many going private. I have always gone public. But I don't have health insurance either

Sent from my LT15i using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum works for Bupa so when she started she signed us up. Glad we did with our stillborn last year... That's why we're sticking with private for this bubs...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got private health insurance but have decided to go public again (I wanted the option!). After speaking with my middy (from dds birth) and GP, and dh of course, I've decided that going through the midwife group practice (and saving some cash) was the best for the type of birth I am aiming for. You can't birth in the water in private hosputals in nsw you can pretty much do what you like in public ones though!
    Also, I can live with sharing a room after bub is born, it's only for a night or two then I'll want to be home anyway!

Which hospitals are you girls going to? Rose, can you get into a midwife led program at yours?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Private over here too. We discussed all the options in our area and decided private is what we want for our first.

9w today! Only 3 more weeks till the end of 1st tri!! And hopefully that means the nausea and vomiting will start to settle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Arlais - sorry to hear all the issues you are having with DH's X sounds like you have a lot to contend with already with your SS's. Hope they are excited about the impending birth in the months to come.
    Frangi- Fingers crossed there is nothing wrong with this bubba and they are just trying to scare you
    Rosebetweenthethorns- I had to go buy new bras last week, my boobs haven't really been hurting this week which is weird but probably since i am now wearing bras that fit properly lol.
    Lilac- Yay to 9 weeks, i can't wait for Thursday to come and then next Tuesday so can see Ob.

We are going private, that was my decision Don't think DH is happy with the cost but said that was my choice I work in a private hospital and have friends who have given birth in the hospital I want to go to. Also based on my history i Have quite a issues with my joints, had cervical ca about 5 yrs ago that may or may not mean I'll last till term and about 6 yrs ago had 2 minor strokes so just feel more comfortable knowing that will have the same person with me the whole time. Due to issues with pain in my hips that also dislocate easily and my already shattering my tailbone when i was 18 I have thought for many years about elective CS as my safer option which I can't request through the public sector just as my choice it has to be what the OB wants and suggests. I will of course voice my concerns and worries with the OB first as he will know more then me as to what the better outcome will be for safest birth, if i end up with a 12lber baby like my brother my hips are sure to never be the same, I might have put on weight in the last 2 years but my frame is still quite narrow and not big enough for that. Public hospitals in our area do have the tendency to turf you out in 6 hrs after birth you only really to get to stay if you have a CS or complications otherwise they want you out quick smart. I am also a massive bleeder being a redhead and knowing me i'd have issues after birth and haemorrhage at home.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wobblermummy For This Useful Post:

Frangi  (08-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais, how did you go with telling DH's son? And the moving house??

How's everyone else going this lovely weekend?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Funnily enough he overhead my mum giving me a hard time about wanting to do painting and he asked my DH if I was pregnant. Luckily the eldest was elsewhere at the time, so we told him yes and he seems quite happy about it so far. I guess he realised it was only a matter of time so he appears to be comfortable with the idea. He also said he knows how to keep his mouth shut, I think he just feels privileged to be in on the secret

We haven't actually moved in to the new house just yet. There's still flooring to go down and once that's finished we'll progressively move in over the next couple of weeks. We've spent the whole weekend here - DH and SS2 doing the painting undercoat & SS1 has been given jobs to do outside. I've mostly been pottering around taking measurements of windows, cupboards, etc and cleaning the insides of all the cupboards.

Luckily my morning sickness has been really good this weekend, have felt a bit nauseous today, but yesterday I think I was just too excited about being at the house to notice!

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais that's good he took it well!!
    Frangi how are you going? Got everything crossed bub stays sticky for you!
    Wobbler sounds like going private is a good option in your case!

I'm dreading going to work today had the worst vomiting/nausea episode last night and have felt horrible all night. I'm about to get out of bed and know I'll vomit again cause that's normal. Just so over it but had all last week off work so just feel like I'm between a rock and a hard place.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilac07 For This Useful Post:

Frangi  (09-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    JessyJ - I am classed as high risk so would not be able to go in midwife program, plus i have to have a c-sec anyway so no point really.
    All previous 5 births have been public and i have never had an issue. Was just curious why so many choose to go private.
    Lilac - Hope work goes ok for you. hope the vomiting eases soon.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RoseBetweenTheThorns For This Useful Post:

Lilac07  (09-09-2013)