+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    strawberry swing is offline not so patiently waiting for the 1st of july!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    I find eating out to be the hardest. I've heard so many stories recently of bad food handling and serving way beyond expiration. Just buy fresh and cook through. Avoid sprouts, soft cheeses, alcohol, cold meats, deli foods, anything unpasteurised, honey, pre-made/washed salads, cut back on caffiene and don't go nuts with added sugars. It's not too bad - just a different way to think.

Does anyone know the go on cucumbers? I heard the other day that they were high risk for listeria and it was the first time I'd heard it. Is there one that is better to go for over another?

I don't feel as sick as I did at the start - so nervous that this little bean wants to opt out early. We need to invent a machine that tells us how they are going from the start, daily, hourly...all the time! Had bad morning sickness with our healthy bubs and none with the ones we lost - sooo hoping sickness kicks in soon (sounds a little nutty doesn't it!?) It used to kick in at around 6 weeks.
    I can't wait for ms either, it kicked in at 5+6 with dd. counting down the days until that first puke

As for cucumber I guess as long as it's thoroughly washed or peeled it should be ok? I ate it with dd and all was good. I just made sure I'd only eat cucumber I'd washed and prepared myself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never heard the cucumber thing. Ultimately I wouldnt stress TO much over food. Just take the attitude that its better to be safe then sorry, so if it smells/looks weird, avoid it!

I would like to say ill be happy when sickness kicks in as it really does help you feel like things are going smoothly BUT I was so sick last time! I'm terrified of doing it all with a toddler! Especially one that doesn't sleep!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry swing View Post
    I can't wait for ms either, it kicked in at 5+6 with dd. counting down the days until that first puke

As for cucumber I guess as long as it's thoroughly washed or peeled it should be ok? I ate it with dd and all was good. I just made sure I'd only eat cucumber I'd washed and prepared myself
    I know it's a little strange - I had never heard anything about cucumbers and I had salad sandwiches all the way through my first pregnancy and was eating them up until about a week ago.

I had a horrible nightmare that I went to the loo and there was pink blood on the tp. Still checking every time - it's funny how the subconcious starts to then mess with you too...just for fun!

Lol- I'm sure that baby IS NOT moving on my signature. Come on little one - move along. I'm sure if I measured it and did the maths that it should be further along than that!!! That is not 1/8!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When it comes to food I think it's more about
    Smart choices than anything. Don't put too much pressure on what everyone says you should and shouldn't eat. Apart from the obvious big ones, soft cheeses, etc, I kind of think if you had it before falling pregnant you can still have it moderately while you are pregnant.. There's so many old wives tales around that if you followed them all, you'd never eat!

And wanting to feel MS etc... Me too!!!! Although I think my symptoms have begun to show! In bed earlier than DH all weekend as I was just too tired to stay up, and last night I was awake until 11.30pm with the worst nausea ever... I was thinking at least if I throw up I might feel better.... Didn't happen though... 😔 Today is going to be a loooooong day at work!!!

Angel Baby ~Skye~ 21/11/2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    I know it's a little strange - I had never heard anything about cucumbers and I had salad sandwiches all the way through my first pregnancy and was eating them up until about a week ago.

I had a horrible nightmare that I went to the loo and there was pink blood on the tp. Still checking every time - it's funny how the subconcious starts to then mess with you too...just for fun!

Lol- I'm sure that baby IS NOT moving on my signature. Come on little one - move along. I'm sure if I measured it and did the maths that it should be further along than that!!! That is not 1/8!
    I still check toilet paper too, although with my missed miscarriage I never bled. it's such a long worrying 40 weeks!

I agree with munchkin re food. I think as long as you don't eat a kilo if pâté you should be ok

Last night and today I've had the feeling in my lower abdo like I've done 300 sit ups, it's so tight and sore. I hope it's just this little surprise getting comfy and growing. Probably doesn't help that dd has decided that climbing on my tummy is the best game ever lately :/ Boobs are really sore too.

How was everyone's weekend? ☺
    Last edited by strawberry swing; 05-08-2013 at 08:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin859 View Post
    When it comes to food I think it's more about
    Smart choices than anything. Don't put too much pressure on what everyone says you should and shouldn't eat. Apart from the obvious big ones, soft cheeses, etc, I kind of think if you had it before falling pregnant you can still have it moderately while you are pregnant.. There's so many old wives tales around that if you followed them all, you'd never eat!

And wanting to feel MS etc... Me too!!!! Although I think my symptoms have begun to show! In bed earlier than DH all weekend as I was just too tired to stay up, and last night I was awake until 11.30pm with the worst nausea ever... I was thinking at least if I throw up I might feel better.... Didn't happen though... 😔 Today is going to be a loooooong day at work!!!

Oh nausea is the worst isn't it? That was one part of pregnancy I didn't miss when it disappeared.

Hopefully your day at work goes quickly though. Hopefully you don't work a job that's too stressful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry swing View Post
    I still check toilet paper too, although with my missed miscarriage I never bled. it's such a long worrying 40 weeks!

I agree with munchkin re food. I think as long as you don't eat a kilo if pâté you should be ok

Last night and today I've had the feeling in my lower abdo like I've done 300 sit ups, it's so tight and sore. I hope it's just this little surprise getting comfy and growing. Probably doesn't help that dd has decided that climbing on my tummy is the best game ever lately :/ Boobs are really sore too.

How was everyone's weekend? ☺
    I am exactly the same when I wiped... I had no indication that Skye had passed when she did but I think now I know of how often miscarriages happen... I stress every time going to the toilet! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am exactly the same when I wiped... I had no indication that Skye had passed when she did but I think now I know of how often miscarriages happen... I stress every time going to the toilet! Lol

I'm a "checker" too, I just can't help it this early on! I don't want to be totally ignorant (and this is not directed at you munchkin ) but I do find the amount of people in these pregnancy threads talking about their losses is freaking me out a little bit! I had a look in the pregnancy test results support section and immediately regretted it - gave myself nightmares about all the things that could go wrong throughout the whole pregnancy. it seems we've always got something to worry about don't we?

I POAS again this morning and I was pleased to see that the line was about twice as dark as the one I did the day before my BT. I've just got some internet cheapies hanging around from all those months ttc, but I think they might be a bit on the dodgy side. They claim to detect hcg around 25 but only gave me the faintest line and the next day my hcg was 187 on the BT. This mornings had much more colour in it but was still not quite as dark as the control line. I have another BT booked in for Thursday to check my levels, but I'm considering getting a digi test in the meantime to see how many "weeks" that puts me as.

sticky vibes to everyone

Thanks
    Reviews

Exactly! It's hard when you're out if the 'perfect pregnancy' bubble, it taints any future pregnancies. And as often as you try stay calm and relaxed it never ever works

Sorry to hear about Skye. Such a beautiful name xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlais View Post
    I'm a "checker" too, I just can't help it this early on! I don't want to be totally ignorant (and this is not directed at you munchkin ) but I do find the amount of people in these pregnancy threads talking about their losses is freaking me out a little bit! I had a look in the pregnancy test results support section and immediately regretted it - gave myself nightmares about all the things that could go wrong throughout the whole pregnancy. it seems we've always got something to worry about don't we?

I POAS again this morning and I was pleased to see that the line was about twice as dark as the one I did the day before my BT. I've just got some internet cheapies hanging around from all those months ttc, but I think they might be a bit on the dodgy side. They claim to detect hcg around 25 but only gave me the faintest line and the next day my hcg was 187 on the BT. This mornings had much more colour in it but was still not quite as dark as the control line. I have another BT booked in for Thursday to check my levels, but I'm considering getting a digi test in the meantime to see how many "weeks" that puts me as.

sticky vibes to everyone
    My husband banned me from peeing on any more sticks. I bought some sneaky digi tests I did one last week that said 2/3 weeks, so I'll wait until Wednesday to do the next one. Probably pointless as I get my blood results today and I've already had a dating scan. Haha

Sadly pregnancy loss is so common, and the reason I think it freaks people out is that we're 'not supposed' to talk about it.