+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PeppermintPaddy View Post
    I am just trying to register for the phone help so I can keep my place after 5 minutes of holding. It's really bad at home and the marriage is more or less over. I need to somehow dig myself out of a hole and find somewhere to live. Rents are atrocious and after being off work due to being in hospital 4 times this year I had to use the money I had saved to pay for my share of things. I think I am going to need a miracle. I find the calculators very confusing and the figures each time are never the same. I cannot drive for another 2 weeks as I had surgery just last week so the best way to find out what I need to know is to call and hopefully I don't have to hold all day. Thanks for all your help.
    What are the primary issues you have? Is the marriage salvageable? Have you been to counseling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    http://www.humanservices.gov.au/cust...d-assets-tests

Here is the link for working out if you're eligible or not firstly. The maximum rate is also listed, about $682 per fortnight. That's based on not earning more than about $180 per fortnight, per child. There are also age restrictions on your kids now to receive this - all info is in the link.

Having a mortgage in your name doesn't affect it, as long as you live in the house. If it's an investment property, then it does affect you. You won't receive rent assistance though if living in your own home.