+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Keeing active through pregnancy

I've not kept very activethrough this pregnancy so decided that from this week I would do some things. There's a park with a walking track arund it that has a play round visiblefrom the track in every part f it so this afternoon myd aughter and I went t that park and walked thenshe played on the play equipent while I did some mre laps.

What do you do when pregnant? Last time I was pretty active walking and did lots of swimming through te summer months as well, I was prengnat the while summer whereas this time it's mostly the cooler months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With ds1 I walked, heaps. I didn't have my licence though so was more of a need. It was good though, kept me active.

With ds2 I was a couch potato and honestly, it made me feel worse. Not depressed just I lacked energy because I was so sedate.

If I was to have another child I would look into pilates (sp? That can't be right )

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been the same, a couch potato. Having a job probably helped keep me motivated, you know the morning walk before work routine, that's gone now because I now have a school age child and at 8am she's still getting ready for school then after the school run I will come home and do ironing and boring stuff that requires no physical energy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My first baby was breech, so after that I was very mindful about not slouching, reclining/lying down and being sedentary (not that I was sedentary with her), but subsequent pregnancies I remained quite active and when I wasn't running after toddlers etc, I did heaps of walking, pre natal Yoga and aqua aerobics (in winter -heated pool). This was after months of the dreaded all day morning sickness though.

I definitely think after baby no 2, I was a lot more active due to the sheer fact of running around after small kiddies! I think being active helps you when it comes time to keeping supple and also when its time give birth and you need stamina and energy etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm 24 wks and still doing a spin class 2-3 times a week and going for a walk 1-2 times a week as well.
    Obviously I can't flog myself in the spin classes like I used to and as my bump expands I look quite wonky peddling on the bike but I'm determined to stay active as its better all round for me and bub!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This time around I am trying to stay more active but am not doing as much as I planned. I am managing to do a pregnancy pilates class weekly and an aqua fitness class (heated local pool) but I wish I had the motivation and energy to walk more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am doing modified PT and general gym (treadmill, xtrainer, light weights) and sporadic walking. I will be starting preggie pilates and yoga now. I need a class to go to otherwise I get lazy and just heax home to pjs and couch hehe. Will be off for a walk this arve!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    My first baby was breech, so after that I was very mindful about not slouching, reclining/lying down and being sedentary.
    Interesting. I was on strict bed rest from 13 weeks to about 26 weeks and the last 10 weeks I have been allowed to do some things, but definitely not exercise, lifting etc. Bub is breech, I wonder if it is related?

I had plans for doing aqua aerobics and walking, but instead I have done nothing and it has nearly driven me insane. I just want to get out of the house and do stuff.

Can't wait to have bub here and get out walking with the pram.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I have a bellydancing class once a week that I was doing before pregnancy. And I try to go for a bit of a walk at lunch time everyday.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have so far been too morning sick 24/7 to move. I was fit and active per preg. But it is hard to get back into a fitness routine cos I'm constantly worrying about over doing it after losing a bit of fitness. I would love to do what I was doing (pump and spin classes etc) but its just too much for me now