+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Baby carrier for prem/small baby

Just wondering if anyone can recommend or has any advice of baby wearing a premie baby. We have finally brought DS2 home, who is 37 weeks corrected and weighs 1620grams. I loved baby wearing DS1 in the ergo and hug-a-bub but I'm worried DS2 is too small. Any advice, product recommendations, tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Google the peapod carry for a hug a bub. I have been using this carry for my 11 week old since I got my carrier. He's not a prem, but it's a great carry for a squishy newborn

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know slings aren't recommended for young babies... But I put my teeny bub in one occasionally for help to settle her. I always made sure her head wasn't covered and she wasn't too squished up.
    What about the newborn insert for the ergo? I carried my bub in that. . bit she wasn't as small as yours.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD was not as tiny as your bub but she was a borderline prem. She loved the ergo with the infant insert when she was tiny. She hated the pram but was very content to snuggle in the ergo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The hug a bub either in tummy to tummy or peapod should be fine for a premmie. Should help bubs to regulate his system.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would use a stretchy wrap like a 'hug a bub' or a 'sleepy baby' because they kind of mould to the shape of bub, they are really close to you and they are so so comfy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought my 25weeker home when I should of been 37.5weeks pregnant and she loved being tucked up in the hug a bub as it was like getting a kanga cuddle for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The ergo with infant insert will keep her nice and snug. My daughter was premi but bigger. She is now 13weeks and not using the insert but we can continue using the carrie for much longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all for your replies. Will give my hug a bub a go tomorrow also will dig out the infant insert for my ergo and see what DS likes best and report back,