Good luck on your journey JessiW. I hope you get some answers soon x

Angel Baby ~Skye~ 21/11/2012

2. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin859 For This Useful Post:

JessiW  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JessiW View Post
    Hey ladies. I've been away from Bubhub for a little while and I've decided to take a break until at least January sometime. Just need to take a step back. We had our FS appt yesterday and talked about lots of things. We don't know whether we will go down the genetic testing road for DHs possible HD yet. Basically we would have to get DH tested in order to have preconception testing and we aren't sure if we want that. Tests for HD cost around 6000 for preconception and it could only really be done through an IVF or IUI treatment. We are getting a referral to a genetic counsellor to discuss our options and talk about risks etc.
    FS also said some of the things occurring through my cycles rang alarm bells for possible endo. So I'm having a laparoscopy done in two weeks to get things checked and if there is anything possibly treatable there he will do it then. A bit nervous about going under GA because I've never done that before. Also had more bloods done (11 vials later) and for DH too. He is having another SA in a few weeks too. FS is certainly getting the ball rolling.
    We can't DTD unprotected this month because of the lap so I figure this is a good time to take a break and just focus on Christmas, family, friends and taking the time to just be with each other without TTC in our minds.
    I'll definitely be back but think this break is much needed. Good luck to all of you lovely ladies and hopefully you will all have your BFPs to show me when I get back. Thanks to all of you for being so wonderfully supportive too xxx
    Have a great break, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! We'll miss you, but totally understand you wanting to forget about ttc for a little while.

Don't worry about GA. It's a bit weird, because when you "wake up" it feels like no time has passed, but it isn't painful. I went under GA when I had my wisdom teeth out & couldn't believe it when I came out of it & the nurse said it was an hour later! Your brain shuts down. It's quite cool really.

Good luck with everything & we'll see you in 2014.

"...dreaming of a belly full of life..."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Funchu For This Useful Post:

JessiW  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    See you in jan jessi. Enjoy your break and Christmas then it's your turn for a bfp! X

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

JessiW  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck Jessi
    I hope things turn out good in the end x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Calstar For This Useful Post:

JessiW  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nawww, thank you lovelies. I'll miss you guys, and wish you all a wonderful Christmas. Hopefully Santa brings you all BFPs! See you all in the new year xxx

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JessiW For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (23-11-2013),munchkin859  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JessiW View Post
    Nawww, thank you lovelies. I'll miss you guys, and wish you all a wonderful Christmas. Hopefully Santa brings you all BFPs! See you all in the new year xxx
    I'm sorry this whole ttc has turned into a bit of a nightmare for you! I hope you have a good break and it does you the world of good. Merry Christmas to you and your family and I will be following in jan to see how you are xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MichelleClareBear For This Useful Post:

JessiW  (24-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Jessi, enjoy your break. Have a merry Christmas and happy new year. Enjoy focussing on yourselves as a couple without ttc taking over. Don't worry about GA, I found it was the best sleep is had.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

JessiW  (24-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Call me crazy but I'm coming back in already. Have Ob appt booked for Dec 10 to look at what treatment (if any) I will need to TTC bub #2. Hard decision to make risk a really close age gap knowing it could happen quickly or wait and know it could take a long time to conceive. We decided the small age gap would be the preference

Hi everyone

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ToniS For This Useful Post:

munchkin859  (25-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniS View Post
    Call me crazy but I'm coming back in already. Have Ob appt booked for Dec 10 to look at what treatment (if any) I will need to TTC bub #2. Hard decision to make risk a really close age gap knowing it could happen quickly or wait and know it could take a long time to conceive. We decided the small age gap would be the preference

Hi everyone
    Welcome back!
    Yes you are crazy but only a tiny bit.
    When I eventually have bub # 1 I will try ASAP after to have # 2.
    What did you have to do treatment wise to get #1?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Calstar View Post
    Welcome back!
    Yes you are crazy but only a tiny bit.
    When I eventually have bub # 1 I will try ASAP after to have # 2.
    What did you have to do treatment wise to get #1?
    Haha thanks :-) we did serophene tablets with ovidril injections. Am heading to Ob for tests to see if I still need help ovulating but won't really get into it until Feb as he is away all of Jan

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app