+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bloating in early pregnancy - tips to keep it under control

Hi Ladies, this is my first post so I hope I'm doing this correctly. I am currently 8 weeks, 3 days pregnant following a m/c earlier this year. I have all of the usual symptoms this time around which is great but I have extreme bloating and I already look like I'm 5 mths pregnant! It's getting very hard to hide my huge bloated belly, does anyone have any suggestions or tips on how to keep it at bay?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Haha a guy at work guessed I was pregnant at 10 weeks because I was so bloated! I used to take de-gas when the bloating was painful, but apart from that, I just had to put up with it unfortunately :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good thing its winter. Loose tops big jackets etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry can't help had the same issue and was probably worse for me as had IVF and it apparently makes you bloat more. Not much you can do about it unfortunately, it will get harder as bub grows I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thank you for the tips

Hi Ladies, thanks for the tips, I guess there isn't much I can do Ill just have to wait it out and hope things settle down. I've already put on 2.5Kg so I'm hoping its fluid and bloating as its still early days :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I dont know what the answer is but I wish I did- sometimes I feel so bloated its ridiculous!!!! I certainly dont remember this from first pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had it badly during the first trimester continuously and now intermittently in the second. I can't say that anything helped really as I think it's the progesterone. It was just how I'd get premenstrually.
    Lucky it's calmed right down and is only very occasionally now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JellyB, your post feels like something I could've written. My EDD is Feb 28, and this is my second pregnancy following a m/c in Jan also. I'm extremely bloated and look like I'm 5 mths already too. I've noticed a few glances but no comments yet, as I have been gaining weight also. Can't even suck my tummy in anymore. I'm lucky my work uniform is baggy. I think all we can do is hide the bump under loose comfortable clothing until we're ready to announce the news.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I'm looking big at the moment, not sure if its bloating or just being a fatty though. I would love to hear suggestions on reducing the bloating but in my case I have a funny feeling the daily choc chip muffin has something to do with it...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm bloated too and tried sucking in which usually works but not now lol! Only 4.5 weeks and being my 2nd bub prob means my belly will pop sooner! Are we aloud to have chamomile or peppermint tea in 1st Trimester? Lots of water helps with bloating

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app