+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettie View Post
    maybe check this out http://gapsaustralia.com.au/
    this diet has a focus on autism in parts but it also mentions brain fog issues
    I have heard lots of stories of people having success with it, however some parts of the book sound a bit OTT to me.
    I have not idea if it would help in your situation but might be worth a read
    Thanks for this! I've heard of the gaps diet and I'm very aware of what my boys eat. I make pretty much everything from scratch and they rarely eat sugar or wheat. I have food allergies and need to see a dietician so will ask her about it when I see her

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Hi - sounds like a difficult situation for you.

I need to dash again very soon but I just wanted to say don't be afraid of labels (eg ASD). I kind of freaked out a bit when it was first mentioned as a possibility with DS as he had about 3 traits at the time. He got into the public system and since then has had paed reviews every 6 to 9 months to assess if he's on teh spectrum. The closest assessment came out that he was borderline of needing more assessment but he has since started school and doing well there which has basically taken ASD off the table. The reason I say don't be afraid of such labels is because if it turns out he is on the spectrum at least you will have a better idea of how to help him and I think you will also be entitled access to public assistance (DS had about 18 months of public funded speech therapy - fortnightly sessions which helped him a lot).

PM me if you want to swap any ideas/games about assisting speech.