+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Spelling on Facebook!!!

You can only blame prediction text for so much.
    I'm so fed up with the amount of full gown adults on Facebook who just flat out can't spell!! I can put up with grammar and punctuation. I can put up a mis-type. I can even put up with the words "everyone" messes up LoL! I can also put up with teenagers slang and attempt to spell a word.
    But i'm just beyond dumbfounded at the amount of people who just CAN'T spell yet still try to type the word in their status LoL. It's so WRONG that prediction text doesnt even know what they mean LOL.
    Here is what i have come across just today....
    Torchre.....Torture
    Fase.....Phase
    any thing.....anything
    Their, There, They're. Where, Wear, We're.....don't get me started on those!
    Furios....Furious

So, do you hit up on people's really really reALLY bad spelling attempts? I have to stop myself in fear i'll get slammed for it. Otherwise, i'd love to teach these people how to spell.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to the very last country song For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My niece is often exited about something to do with her angle.
    Argh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't say anything, for all I know, spelling is something they really struggle with so don't need me bagging them out for it. I found this on Pinterest on the weekend and loved it, maybe you can share it...

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1374468205.657243.jpg

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (22-07-2013),CatesBean  (22-07-2013),F&A  (22-07-2013),HugsBunny  (22-07-2013),Lauzy83  (22-07-2013),SugarSkull  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No, I think it's rude to comment on people's spelling and grammar.

Don't get me wrong - I know where you are coming from. Sometimes I'm surprised at some of the errors people make. But if they can't grasp spelling and grammar as a grown adult, then I don't think pointing out their mistakes will help, only offend.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (22-07-2013),LoveLivesHere  (22-07-2013),Mahjong  (22-07-2013),SugarSkull  (22-07-2013),the very last country song  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    I don't say anything, for all I know, spelling is something they really struggle with so don't need me bagging them out for it. I found this on Pinterest on the weekend and loved it, maybe you can share it...

Attachment 39626
    Apparently "prediction text" messes these up all the time.
    I would never want to sound like a smart **** by correcting people, but how aer these adults ever going to learn how to spell "Torture" if they never see the word spelt correctly?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Where I went to school, people didn't get the best education so I could literally spend all day correcting FB spelling mistakes! Instead, I just feel sorry for them (thankfully my Mum constantly tested me on my spelling!) and a little sad that they still haven't got it right after all these years!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never know these days if the incorrect spelling is: a typo, auto correct, bad spelling or done on purpose!!....that's technology for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleMum View Post
    Where I went to school, people didn't get the best education so I could literally spend all day correcting FB spelling mistakes! Instead, I just feel sorry for them (thankfully my Mum constantly tested me on my spelling!) and a little sad that they still haven't got it right after all these years!
    My mum ALWAYS always always pulled my up on my spelling and corrcted me while i was talking as a child. That's how i learnt. It was very important for her, to have her children talking and writing correctly to communicate.
    Now im the same with my kids.
    It's just a shame when i see it.

Just to let you know My "E" is sticking on my keyboard...it's tru i swear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    This. I struggle with my spelling. Someone made a comment about me mixing up 2 letters in a word on Facebook and I actually burst in to tears I was so embarrassed.

My brother is worse then me and actually has dyslexia and I know it would upset him someone calling him out like that. Sometimes I will text him a correction if its really bad.

I do have a cousin who's spelling makes even me cringe, but she's had a hard life, very little parental support and dropped out of school when she was very young.

I guess you just never know someone's reasons behind their crappy spelling.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to F&A For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here are some
    Very where - everywhere
    Instore - install
    To - too
    Iv haven't - I haven't
    Threw - through
    Quite/quit/quiet
    Pass - past
    Och - ouch
    And this person doesn't know how to put an S, ing or es after some words. It's always something like
    - Z really need a nap
    - my bro dance with a tree he so ****
    - the look on nan face