+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bummer! Yeah they are talking rain here tomorrow too, but should be nice for the weekend, yay!

Good idea to break the trip up, that would be full on!

Augh I dont know if Ive overdone it or if bubs is slowly creeping downward... soooo sore in my pelvis tonight. About to make a cuppa and go to bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Fathers day to all the daddies and daddies-to-be We are off on a family day out today, finally got some nice weather so will be nice to get out in the sun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope everyone is having a great Fathers Day. We spent yesterday with my dad so not ding anything today. DH told me specifically he didn't want any 'father to be' type thing. Seems way too premature. I felt the same, just had to make sure our folks were on the same page.

Well I am 8 weeks today and still no real symptoms (touch wood). I have noticed some subtle things, but if I didn't know I was pregnant I would probably pass them off as other things. Mostly fatigue. I keep waiting for the MS while also hoping it doesn't come. I know you said it was 8wks for you Waiting Hoping. I'm hoping I'll be lucky and avoid.

I only worry because I'm a primary school Teacher. What if it hits badly when I'm with my kids? And if its a one off, you can get around it, but if its daily not so much. But plenty of Teachers have had kids, they have survived.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ijjles - im a teacher too - high school home ec so the thought of a class full of kids in a kitchen with food was petrifying!! I let my coordinator know and staff close to me were great at covering for me if i was a bit green (or had to do a prac with chicken, cos I can't even look at chicken when pregnant!)

Well DH had a good fathers day. We had a bbq with our dads last night. Looked like it was going to be a non-event today though cos I felt soooo crook. I always have low blood pressure when pregnant but it was bad today and really nauseous. Went to go out in the car and not 5 mins up the road has to turn back cos I was going to throw up and about to faint. DH took DD to the park for a while so I could rest and went out later in the day. Feeling a bit better now thank god!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by waitinghoping View Post
    Ijjles - im a teacher too - high school home ec so the thought of a class full of kids in a kitchen with food was petrifying!! I let my coordinator know and staff close to me were great at covering for me if i was a bit green (or had to do a prac with chicken, cos I can't even look at chicken when pregnant!)

Well DH had a good fathers day. We had a bbq with our dads last night. Looked like it was going to be a non-event today though cos I felt soooo crook. I always have low blood pressure when pregnant but it was bad today and really nauseous. Went to go out in the car and not 5 mins up the road has to turn back cos I was going to throw up and about to faint. DH took DD to the park for a while so I could rest and went out later in the day. Feeling a bit better now thank god!
    Glad you are feeling better.

Well I have told my Prin and AP, 'just in case' and I told the woman I share an office with. We don't team teach, our rooms connect but we keep the doors shut. But I knew if I needed her she'd cover for me. BUT she is really ill and has had to take the rest of the term off. So there is a CRT in there now, a complete stranger. I'll tell her if it becomes an issue, but I don't even know her!

It must have been really hard doing Home Ec. I can only imagine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi ladies!

Hope everyone is well. I managed to get in for my nt scan at short notice and got to see my beautiful munchkin yesterday afternoon. 1378254498471.jpg

We are measuring perfectly at 11w3d and bubs was 4.8cm. Bubs didn't really want to cooperate though as it kept rolling over and sticking its bum out lol. Our nuchal measurement was 1mm so we are now just waiting on our blood test results to confirm our ds risk, at this stage it is low but we just want to make sure before announcing.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

shelby27  (05-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome news Munchkin and hello little bubba. It's so awesome being able to see them at scans like we do, I couldn't imagine living in a 3rd world country or a different time without scans to see bub, bond and be reassured.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We were crying the whole time it was just amazing.

I am very sore today though, the scanning lady was a little rough as bubs wasn't cooperating. Hoping it gets better those afternoon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    nawww hello bubba! Thats great about your NT scan Munchkin Hope you feel better soon.

Cant remember if Ive said in here before but Im hoping for a VBAC this time. My OB has been very pro VBAC, but wanted me to have a scan to see if my pelvis will be big enough to birth (she thinks it might be too small). After much research I decided I would refuse the scan as they are not accurate. At my 32 week appt yesterday she said she has decided not to go ahead with me getting the scan done as she doesnt think it will prove anything, and she can see that attempting a VBAC is what I really want to she doesnt want anything to dampen my spirit Such a relief! Bubs is doing well and fundal measurement is measuring on track at 32

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That is fantastic, I so hope that you can have the VBAC that you are hoping for.

Can honestly say i have never heard of the pelvis scan before...you learn something new everyday!

Not long to go now til you meet your gorgeous bub!