+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lovely bump munchkin!!

30 weeks NicT - wow the rest will go fast now!!

Ijjles - r u having ur 19 week scan soon? Will u find out the gender?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to waitinghoping For This Useful Post:

munchkin275  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Having it at 20 weeks, so 2 weeks from tomorrow.

We are not finding out gender. I keep fluctuating, DH has remained steady in wanting surprise.
    I feel as if I'll be missing out on something at this scan and I'd like to know to prepare more specifically... But I think the surprise will be worth it. And others have confirmed this.

Your thoughts?

Has anyone done both?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both of mine were surprises. We were going to find out with C but I didn't. Sort of wish I did just to have the experience of finding out, but the surprise at the birth really makes it with it. The last few weeks of not knowing drove me mad though as I wanted to be organised. I just told everyone who asked that not knowing was my incentive to push.. Haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS was a surprise I loved not knowing but we are finding out for this bub, currently 15 weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies we named out baby girl Lola!

I'm in hospital again at the moment hoping to be released tomorrow. Fingers crossed. It's the same hospital & maternity ward that treated me so badly. The manager of the maternity wing is sucking up badly because she knows she & the team are in big trouble. They kicked me out last Saturday because they needed my bed, even though I had not been feeling well & doctors on the Friday night had refused to discharge me because I was too sick.

Turns out I have post partum pre-eclampsia & if I hadn't gone to my GP because I didn't feel right it could have been a lot worse. I went to emergency dept on wednesday night, & haven't seen Lola since. Because one of the tests i had yesterday involved radioactive dye (it was a full body scan to rule out clotting on heart & lungs) I couldn't see Lola for 24 hrs because of contamination risk & to be on the safe side I didn't want her to risk her health & visit me tonight either. I miss her so badly, today was her first midwife home visit & I couldn't be there for it..

Wish me luck girls, if my blood pressure & heart rate are good tonight (getting checked at 1am & 5 am) I can go home to my beautiful bub!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by green tea View Post
    Hi ladies we named out baby girl Lola!

I'm in hospital again at the moment hoping to be released tomorrow. Fingers crossed. It's the same hospital & maternity ward that treated me so badly. The manager of the maternity wing is sucking up badly because she knows she & the team are in big trouble. They kicked me out last Saturday because they needed my bed, even though I had not been feeling well & doctors on the Friday night had refused to discharge me because I was too sick.

Turns out I have post partum pre-eclampsia & if I hadn't gone to my GP because I didn't feel right it could have been a lot worse. I went to emergency dept on wednesday night, & haven't seen Lola since. Because one of the tests i had yesterday involved radioactive dye (it was a full body scan to rule out clotting on heart & lungs) I couldn't see Lola for 24 hrs because of contamination risk & to be on the safe side I didn't want her to risk her health & visit me tonight either. I miss her so badly, today was her first midwife home visit & I couldn't be there for it..

Wish me luck girls, if my blood pressure & heart rate are good tonight (getting checked at 1am & 5 am) I can go home to my beautiful bub!!!
    Congratulations! I can't wait to see piccies of your little Lola (such a gorgeous name also)

I have everything crossed that your blood pressure and heart rate are stable so you can go home.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG Green Tea what an ordeal u have been through. Thank god u trusted your gut instinct. Fx you can go home soon.

Lola is a beautiful name!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love the name Lola

Thanks
    Reviews
    I teach a Lola, gorgeous name. I've only ever met one.

I had my midwife apt today. Am 18+4, bub was moving around a lot but eventually heard the heartbeat. All good.
    Got my GTT results and that was all clear. So far so good.

So 20 week scan is the next appointment. Next Friday. Sticking by our decision NOT to find out gender, but also kinda wanting to find out. Haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ijjles - glad to hear everything is ok with bub, good luck for ur 20 week scan! Stay strong!!

Things have been crazy here, I think C is having a growth spurt. He is now 5 weeks old and omg he has tortured my boobs the past few days. He has been cluster feeding every evening then the past few nights wakes every. 1 1/2 to 2 hours for feeds. It takes an hour to feed so not much sleep..
    I think he just wants to comfort suck but his suck is so strong now!!

On the up side he is smiling now!! Haven't caught one for a photo yet..

Hope everyone is doing well!