+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was induced, and was not able to have anything other than gas, pethadine or a c section under GA. I was bloody determined to be awake when DS arrivef, so got through on gas alone. It was a ridiculously quick labour. I was lucky, i negotiated with my sympathetic obs to use gel to kick off contractions. I was already almost effaced and begam dialating before the induction, so the gel was enough to start labour. More importantly, the hospital i delivered at would not allow the drip until 6 hours after the last gels. In that time, i dilated and had ARM which actually got me into transition. The drip was turned in for all of 2 mins before it was apparent i was well into transition.

The ring of fire was nothing compare to transition. Pushing was an automatic reaction and didnt hurt much at all, it was relief to finally have a break in contractions and they hurt way less. The ring of fire was yuckyl but really it felt to me like maybe 0.5% of my body was in pain and it felt good to push otherwise, so i went with it. Didnt feel shoulders or anything after the head, and i did all my labouring on my back. 2nd degree tear, i didnt actually realise id torn until afterwards, the area stretched until it went numb.

Yes, a moment of silence for transition. It is nasty nasty business. I pretty much think i had an out of body experiencem i was in so much pain i felt almost like i was watching myself struggling. If anyone is considering gas, try hold out for as long as possible before starting - i am sure it gave me some reoief because by that stage ANYTHING would havd made me feel better, even someone bashing my toes with a hammer to distract me from the contractions.

Youll be fine. Just keep remembering your body knows what it needs to do, if nothing else just do not fight what its trying to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    To be honest, I found the pushing extremely painful and I think I have a pretty high pain threshold. I actually found contractions really manageable and only needed some gas during transition and that was only because I was too tired (16 hr labour from 1am) to walk around or sit on the fitball, so I had to lie down in bed which made the contractions more intense. But I wasn't allowed the gas during pushing stage so I was totally aware of everything and OMG it was painful! I couldn't believe I could experience that much pain. Having said that, it's possible that I just wasn't expecting it, was too overwhelmed by that stage, and once I managed to calm down and listen to my ob, it wasn't THAT bad and knowing bub was going to be in my arms any moment was definitely helpful. I had to get an episiotomy but I had a local, so didn't feel the cut, however the local alone was excruciating. Having said all that, I am hoping to do it exactly the same all over again this time, except hopefully avoid an episiotomy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I should not have read this thread, another 20 weeks to work myself up over labour haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so scared! Ouch sounds so painful, gosh I hope I have time for a epidural!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am the complete opposite. This thread has made me oddly comfortable with having a baby.

I'm determined to have a natural birth and more terrified of having an epidural than the pain of pushing a baby out, so bring it on.

Also whenever I start freaking out I think of the Spartans. Only way for a woman to get her name engraved on a tomb stone was to die in childbirth and only way for a man was to die in battle. < I have no idea why I find this comforting, by the way.

I'm a freaking warrior. Roooar.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (25-08-2013),atomicmama  (25-08-2013),IndigoJ  (25-08-2013),Mathermy  (25-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly once you have been pregnant for nine months and gone through your labour, you want this to happen, you want to meet your baby so badly, it's a means to an end and part of the journey.

I always thought before I had my first, if it was that bad the world would be full of woman with just one baby lol.

It's a shocking, raw but beautiful thing, be confident in your bodies.

Best of luck to all the new mums to be xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Although this thread is a little scary it is nice to hear it all put truthfully.

I still have a loooong way to go with my pregnancy but all of you ladies have cemented my plan to have as natural a birth as possible

9. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (25-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokeybear View Post
    Hope this thread isn't scaring people, it's awful but it's quick, then you have the baby and you don't even think about it.
    I should of went with my better judgement and not opened this thread lol, but thought noooo it is best i know, well i want to un-know now damn it lol .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also i feel i should already know this and probably don't want to but what is the transition stage, i haven't heard or been told about it before lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure if its different for everybody but for me it's when the contractions are coming with no break, it's like the perfect storm, it's usually when woman have had enough and starts to grab her gear to leave lol

I found it hard to recognise, I just remember thinking stuff this! It means your baby is coming soon though.