+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by withlovesiobhan View Post
    I shouldn't be reading this thread lol. I am due in about 3 weeks... I may be induced. Why do some people say induced contractions are worse????

I think I'll be taking that epidural! STRAIGHT UP.
    For me induced contractions I felt more out of control. Like it was something happening to my body, not something my body was doing itself. Also that it comes on more slowly usually when it's happening naturally, you can become accustomed to the pain, whereas when I was induced once the synto started it BAM - labour! So there's that.

Some people though have really quick induced labour. I think it's the difference between your body being ready and happening smoothly vs not being ready so it's dragged kicking and screaming into labour.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (23-07-2013),SugarSkull  (23-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    See my pushing hurt the whole 2 hours 49 minutes. It didn't take the pain of contractions away it was just now I had something productive to do with pain. But I think it was cause she was in such a difficult position.

But yes I'd take pushing over transition which was just awful. I was sooooooooooooo relieved to reach in and touch her head to realize I was fully. I was terrified id only be 5cm or something.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueLips For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (23-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It hurts like nothing you've ever felt before but you know you have no choice,everyone is telling you what to do (breath, push or don't push) so you listen,try and do what they say and you just get through it. The pain took away my ability to talk and i even had my eyes closed through it(Drug free, 3 weeks ago) so i kinda just grunted, cried out from the pain and did it.

Thankfully it doesn't last long and you know you will have a baby shortly. Thankfully I had only 15minutes of this intensity and pushing. Compare that to all the stress of getting pregnant, worrying while pregnant then it really is such a short time.

Then comes the amazing happy hormone rush- I did it!!! And I have a beautiful bub. So worth it all!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I shouldn't be reading this thread lol. I am due in about 3 weeks... I may be induced. Why do some people say induced contractions are worse????

Is it your first?
    I was induced with my first.

It just gives you no lead up time. It's like going from 0-100km in 0.01 seconds. You don't go from light contractions to medium to strong, you just go from nothing to strong.

For me it was dreadful but not everyone is the same.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

babybabycakes  (23-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    Is it your first?
    I was induced with my first.

It just gives you no lead up time. It's like going from 0-100km in 0.01 seconds. You don't go from light contractions to medium to strong, you just go from nothing to strong.

For me it was dreadful but not everyone is the same.
    To give a different view, I was induced as well but it was great. Quick and intense, and yes, the contractions were very close together very quickly, but all in all it was fine. All done and dusted in 2.5 hours!

But yep, everyone is different. I was really scared of being induced but stayed positive and kept active throughout the labour. Once it all began I just focused on my body and what I needed to do.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamilicious For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (23-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was induced and I didn't think the contractions were that bad.. Maybe it's because I didn't have anything to compare it to. They turned up the meds at a stage and a few minutes later, the contractions were intense. I looked at the midwife and said "are you kidding me? Holy ****! Turn that down. No way!" She laughed and did turn it back down. I got to 7cm in the bath and with gas and then the transition phase started. There was no break. Not even 1 second. I lost control and couldn't take it anymore.
    I'm not sure if women normally get a break when they're not induced.. It was intense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I have had 6 bubs. 3 of those were induced. The first 2 induction the pain was less than when I went spontaneous. My 3rd i had a bad reaction to induction drug due to it being my 6th. I won't go into that as it is really rare and I still get upset thinking about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes this is my first bub.
    So being induced could maybe mean a quicker labour?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes this is my first bub.
    So being induced could maybe mean a quicker labour?
    Mine was 14 hours long... It would have been 10-12 hours if DS wasn't being difficult haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

For me it was worse because I had to be on the bed being monitored. I wanted to be active or in the shower (I was for my 2nd and it was better).

The contractions for my first were also in my back and I watched them on the monitor go up to the top of the chart, down and straight back up again. There was NO break. It was painful but I did get through it. I don't remember as much of my first labour as my 2nd because it was full on and I think to cope my brain has blocked it out.

Sent from my telecommunications device.