+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh moment of silence for transition... Much scarier than the ring of fire in my book

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (25-08-2013),SugarSkull  (23-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree, pushing was sooo much easier than transition! I cried and cried tears of joy when i was told i was 10cm and start pushing. I knew it was so close and having something to push against was such a relief!!

Sent from my LG-P970 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsDay For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (23-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It took me 2 hours to push DS out. Would it have hurt for 2 hours if I didn't have an epi?

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I don't think so. For me it was just the crowning. I was induced so had contractions from the devil, but pushing was more just exertion than pain.

TimeForWine is offline Taking everyday one wine at a time...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarSkull View Post
    It took me 2 hours to push DS out. Would it have hurt for 2 hours if I didn't have an epi?
    You might not push for that long without an epi though. My first i had an epi and pushed and pushed for about 2 hours too - 2nd no epi - pushing was about 20 mins - and like others have said it was kind of a relief to push - until the burning ring of fire but that lasted about 3 mins - then its home run time :-)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TimeForWine For This Useful Post:

Blossompossumxxxx  (23-07-2013),SugarSkull  (23-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had an epi with ds and I think his birth was just beautiful once his head was out I reached down and delivered him on my chest and watched the whole birth in the mirror.
    With dd I asked for an epi but it was too late I pushed for 2 hours she was posterior and it was hell, then she flipped and it was the best feeling in the world after two easy pushes she crowned and all I felt was a little discomfort but mostly relief as it meant it was almost over even with 2nd degree tears. Nothing was worse then those back contractions while pushing her posterior.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to chickenfoot83 For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (23-07-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BubblesK View Post
    I was too afraid to have an epidural ( I'm use in nov) until I read this thread! Now I'm more open to the idea!
    I was scared of an epidural but had to have it in case bub got into distress.....and it was bloody great. Even the catheter was great - i sidn't have to get out of bed during the 1st night after she was born for anything but the baby because I didn't have to go and wee. I would like to try natural though.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (23-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    For me it was hard work, but not painful. It had been 64 hours of labour by the time she actually came out so I think I was well beyond pain, I just wanted to get her OUT and get it OVER!!!

Though I did push for 40 minutes (about) and that ****ed me off. I yelled something about "stupid movies" because they don't prepare you for this. Df very rationally pointed out they can't fit 40 minutes of pushing into an hour and a half long movie. Grr. Darn logic.

Katelyn was born with her hand on her face and I pushed after the contraction finished because I was do freaking over it and she sort of went pop and there was a head, arm and half a shoulder, took a breath and little push and she sort of fell out (I was kneeling) Didn't hurt. I was really surprised when the midwife got the gyno - I was like Nah it'll be fine. Nope. Tore. Whoops. It hurt the next day though. (for about a fortnight. I think if I could do over when the midwife says stop pushing I think I might try to listen)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (23-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I shouldn't be reading this thread lol. I am due in about 3 weeks... I may be induced. Why do some people say induced contractions are worse????

I think I'll be taking that epidural! STRAIGHT UP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pushing out DS1 was hard. On my back. The pressure was crazy and the crowning was crazy. It took every last bit of strength to just get him out. The moment he came out it was like nothing had happened at all. I did however get a 2nd degree tare. He was 7p.

With DS2 I went for a water birth. My waters hadn't broken, but the moment I squared in the spa bath, my body pushed. It was like being on auto pilot. A white bubble floated to the top, it was my waters! Instantly I started crowning, I couldn't believe it! My body just took over and I just pushed and pushed. 7mins he was out. Came out so quickly, his poor head was bruised and the blood vessels in his eyes were shot, from a very quick entry. He was 9p and I had no tare. His birth as quick as it was, was sure easier to handle. Pain wise as well.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (23-07-2013)