+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hope this thread isn't scaring people, it's awful but it's quick, then you have the baby and you don't even think about it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol im terrified haha after a c section first time im not sure i want to try for a vbac with #2 now!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummy12 View Post
    Pooping a brick
    More like an entire outhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLips View Post
    You'll be fine Sugar skull. It's wildly fierce (not for everyone ) but just amazing too! It's all I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR!
    I was very vocal , poor DH was all
    Lol, vocal. That's how I'll describe it from now on. 'No I didn't scream, yell, swear. I was vocal' sounds better.

Everyone says it but it's so totally true: once bub is out it's all worth it!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I thought it was a bit different each time. With DD1 it was more of a burning ring of fire sensation and like a PP said I expected relief after the head and was very disappointed to still have her shoulders to go! DS was more the relief feeling described, there was pressure and some burning then his shoulders got stuck and I didn't notice the pain anymore in all the chaos. DD2 and DD3 I found the most intense, maybe because I had no gas or peth with these two. They were both very fast but I felt every second of it! That said there was less burning, I distinctly remember thinking with DD3 at the time that there was no ring of fire. She was the first birth that I was on all fours for and the first time I felt like my butt was going to explode and all my bones in that area hurt, my bum bone still hurts now sometimes!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TableDancer For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't remember the ring of fire feeling with dd. I had a 3rd degree tear and felt nothing like burning at all. It was a drug free birth.
    I'm due in November and actually looking forward to experiencing labour again.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to beautifulbubba For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an epidural with DS 4 years ago, so didn't feel much

With DD I had gas. It hurt, but like someone else said, it was such a relief to push her out. The bit that hurt the most were the stitches afterwards (2nd degree tear). I was yelling at DH to "hold the baby" as I honestly felt like I was going to black out and drop her from the pain of the stitches!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to china123 For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (22-07-2013)

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I really really dislike the ring of fire, the rest of labour is totally fine by me!! First 2 times, as I dislike the feeling of the stretching so much, I just wanted it over, and pushed far too hard, and tore.(3rd degree 1st time, only 2nd drgree 2nd time)

Third bub was determined not to tear (homebirth, and didn't have anyone to stitch me. Doula only no MW) so concentrated my whole pregnancy on reminding myself to very consciously relax and breathe through crowning, no pushing on my part at all. I endured the ring of fire (hated every damn second!) and managed just a graze that time round, so it was a heck of a lot better.

It really is a tiny part of labour, not real fun, but in the scheme of things over pretty quickly.

The pushing itself is amazing actually, with my first birth there was no pushing urge, so I had to work incredibly hard to get bub out, with my second my body just totally took over, and I was like ho!y fuk!! This is what it feels like! Was way cool really, and I just went along for the ride, my body doing all the work. I instinctively wanted to change positions a fair bit, as the bub descends, different positions work better to facilitate that passage, and if you just do what your body is telling you, get up, walk around, squat, one leg up, whatever, labour progresses much better.

Active labour is definitely the way to go.

All the best

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The pushing stage was better than the contractions by far. My body took over and was an amazing experience actually. Made me feel like a super hero!

Because you can feel the baby coming out when your pushing it kind of takes the focus off the pain. Wheras contractions just hurt like
    a b!tch and you have no idea how long it will last.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue Dragon For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (22-07-2013),MilkingMaid  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pushing bub out is very intense, but I'd take it over the rest of labour any day. Yes the ring of fire burns, well, like fire, but before you know it bub is out and the relief is amazing.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me, easiest part if my labour. My body took over & the first 'body contraction/push' I was yelling I am gonna poo (walking down a hallway to get to another room in another part of the hospital). 2 more pushes and my DD was out. Up to & including transition was terrible and I cracked the ****s!

I had a second degree tear & didn't feel it all. Her shoulders slide out & into my hubbies arms . I didn't feel my DS birth as I had an epidural & I was expecting the ring of fire but I was so focused & amazed at how my body took over.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Lennie For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (22-07-2013)