+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You'll be fine Sugar skull. It's wildly fierce (not for everyone ) but just amazing too! It's all I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR!
    I was very vocal , poor DH was all

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlueLips For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (22-07-2013),JumpingInPuddlesxxx  (15-09-2013),Mokeybear  (22-07-2013),SugarSkull  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    It burns a lot, but my biggest issue was the pressure. I really can't stand that pressure feeling during the second stage of labour.
    Yes!! Hated that pressure, that is horrible. To me it felt like every part of me was blocked and something had to give

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lambylamb For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LollyDolly View Post
    For me the pushing was not the worst, the transitional phase was by far worse. I wish I had of known that because afterwards I thought it wasn't as bad as I thought and I wished I wasn't so scared of it because it would have been a much better experience if I had of been more calm.
    This is exactly how I feel. Things happened fast for me, I was induced and only 2 hours after the drip went in I was in transition. I freaked out when I felt my body starting to push because I thought I still had ages.

I had a 2nd degree tear but I didn't feel any pain in my perineum or butt, I felt all the burning up the top. So much for all the perineal massage to prepare me for the sensation It was painful but you just push through the pain, you don't really have time to think about it once you have the urge. I also noticed I didn't feel my contractions anymore once I was pushing. Well, I felt them pushing my baby out but I didn't feel pain from them anymore.

Pushing was actually quite a relief even though it was painful. It meant that it was almost over.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DarcyJ For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (22-07-2013)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarSkull View Post
    I think I want an epidural again... It sounds freaking scary!
    Honestly, if I can do it, anyone can. I am the biggest pussy when it comes to pain!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    Honestly, if I can do it, anyone can. I am the biggest pussy when it comes to pain!
    This!

I'm so glad ds2 came so fast because otherwise I would have had another epidural and if I had of for me I would be so disappointed, especially if he ends up being our last baby. I would always feel I missed out on something. And honestly I enjoyed (not sure that the right word?!) Ds2's birth more than ds1. I went in screaming for an epidural and the midwife kept saying sorry no time for that.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LollyDolly For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With ds1 the epidural numbed too far down and I didn't feel a thing.

i had the epidural with ds2 but his labour was quick and he was out in 2 pushes, I felt giving birth to him but it wasn't painful at all, I would say it was intense.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLips View Post
    You'll be fine Sugar skull. It's wildly fierce (not for everyone ) but just amazing too! It's all I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR!
    I was very vocal , poor DH was all
    Lol....I'm going to have to disagree, the only amazing thing was that I knew the agony would end! Haha.

If I ever give birth again I'll get an epidural if there's time. I've had two drug free births (except for a few sucks of gas with DS), and I never wish to do that again. In fact after suffering from a bladder prolapse (and I suspect a rectal one but that's just my own speculation based on some symptoms) I'd go so far as to say I'll possibly opt for elective C-section.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol hollywood by DH was like no.......no it was not amazing it was effing horrible. I think i'm reflecting with rose colored glasses!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueLips For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was horrible! It was painful and I could feel the stretching (even with an epidural). My DD3 was posterior so I had to push a lot. It was the first time I'd felt the pushing as I'd previously had epidurals with complete blocking. I can remember being scared. DH was mortified!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to thepouts For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was too afraid to have an epidural ( I'm use in nov) until I read this thread! Now I'm more open to the idea!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialK For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (22-07-2013)