+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh gosh I'm not! I'm such a chicken and really don't like pain at all. I think it's amazing that women can do it with no pain relief I really do but I just know it's epidural all the way for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomie View Post
    Same! I'm sure it would be an amazing experience. And I'm way too curious as to what it feels like to have a natural birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually enjoyed the pushing stage, because it gave me an outlet from the excruciating pain of contractions! It was definitely the least painful part of my labour (although still very painful of course!) A 'burning feeling' is probably the best way to describe it. For me, birth was an absolutely incredible experience and I really look forward to doing it again - although I'd be happy to just skip to the last 30 minutes!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to quietlyhopeful For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (15-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The pushing stage was the worst for me! I just felt like it was impossible to get bub out and I kept thinking over and over how I wish they'd just pull her out lol. So much pressure!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KassMeow For This Useful Post:

JAG242  (22-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    During labour my midwife told me the pushing stage wouldn't be as painful as the contractions (I was using gas for pain relief). Boy was she wrong! In my case it was worse! I had 2hrs of pushing 'through the contractions' but to no avail. I had an episiotomy so I didn't experience the ring of fire, by that stage I was just happy he was coming out so I don't remember the pain!

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me it didn't hurt at all. I had back labour (so felt all contractions in my back he wasn't posterior or anything though) and after the transition stage (which was the most painful for me) I started pushing involuntarily and I couldn't feel the contractions anymore just a really, really intense urge to push. Pushed for just under an hour and he slid out like a wet noodle 😉 no pain while pushing whatsoever. (I had gas and peth)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Pushing was great, pain disappeared they were relatively short for #2 and #3- 4 min and 5 min. Easy as

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My last 3 births were 100% natural and pushing was the best part...my body did it all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Unfortunately I didn't get the labour and birth I wanted after all. DD was posterior and I was induced and in labour for twelve hours. I couldn't use the shower or move really with all the cables and what not everywhere so my back went haywire. I need to be able to move or my muscles cramp up really, really badly and then DD started going into distress. So I had an epidural. I could still feel the pressure and urge to push and was incredibly lucky. No tearing, no cutting, no stitches and the pushing stage only lasted for 45 minutes for me. I'm still a bit sad about not having it how I would have liked as I'm only having DD but I look at her and have a mini freak out that if I'd stayed stubborn it might have ended with a ceasar or no DD and I find comfort in that, so it reassures me I did the right thing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Found the contraction pain to be excruciating the worst pain I have ever had in my life in particular the back pain was horrible, ended up getting am epidural after 4 hrs of contractions and then a episiotomy 15 mins later! So pretty much had all the pains except for feeling the pushing stage. The pain after it wore off was horrible for two months I coils barely walk or sit properly the first 6 weeks. I never want a episiotomy again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    With dd, the pushing stage was incredibly painful. She was posterior compound presentation so everything below my waist was burning as I was pushing her out (was on my back). Pushing while on fours wasn't as painful but I could feel it wasn't as constructive so I turned over.