+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    From the way you described transition blue lips it makes me think that is when I was told to push and had my babies out. It sounds like I should have waited because I didn't get that last part you spoke about.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tadpoles View Post
    From the way you described transition blue lips it makes me think that is when I was told to push and had my babies out. It sounds like I should have waited because I didn't get that last part you spoke about.

Neither of my transitions were like this either. I guess it's different for everyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's interesting ladies...I'm curious...if you didn't get those breaks between contractions during pushing did you tear badly?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennybaby View Post
    That's interesting ladies...I'm curious...if you didn't get those breaks between contractions during pushing did you tear badly?
    No, I had internal tears because it was fast. I pushed because the midwife told me to, I didn't feel like I had to iykwim. I'm just wondering if I had waited maybe I would have gotten that urge and the pushing stage might have been different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh gosh I am scared ! At what stage do they give epi!? I really think you guys that do it drug free are so brave! I know I wouldn't be able to without a epi I'm such a chicken!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by clucky14 View Post
    Oh gosh I am scared ! At what stage do they give epi!? I really think you guys that do it drug free are so brave! I know I wouldn't be able to without a epi I'm such a chicken!
    Don't be scared! Take it all in your stride. I gave birth 10 weeks ago. Best experience of my life. Do what you think you need to do to make it the most pleasurable experience for you and your baby. If that means EPI then do it. The pain is bad but you can absolutely do it! I had a water birth without pain relief and it was wonderful. I went in expecting to have pain relief and did it without and I'm such a wimp; I'm scared of needles! Good luck Hun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The contractions don't stop it's that they space out so it's gives you a bit of time to recuperate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennybaby View Post
    I had barely any breaks in contractions from the get go, DS was born in 2 hours and I didn't tear.
    Midwife guided me to breathe and not push during the crowning bit and i think that helped not to tear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the transition phase can be described as an out of body experience. It is super painful but all your body wants to do is get through the pain. It's like your hearing switches off, you don't see or notice anything around you, you don't want anybody to talk to you & you just want to get through it whether it be by breathing, screaming, whatever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you feel a lot of pressure in your butt when you push baby out??