+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby Jogger City Mini/ City Mini GT & Newborns

We have started the great pram search and (I think) we have decided on a Baby Jogger City Mini or Mini GT.... Is it worth the extra $$$ for the GT?

Also I noticed that some reviews said great from newborn and others said def wouldn't use it for newborn.... Would love to hear hubbers views of this.

Just a bit of background on what we plan for pram usage. (FTM due in Nov) I would like to get a sling/carrier and plan on using that mostly when bubs is young when out and about (shops/visiting ppl short term etc) but we have 2 very active dogs that we walk daily (in surburbia) and would use the pram in that instance or if we were going to be staying at someones house a while (e.g. for a BBQ etc) and I would put bubs in the pram while asleep etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a city mini and I love it! My little girl is 7 weeks old and I have put her in since she was born. I have a nice warm snuggly sheepskin liner in it. It's so light and easy to fold up and maneuver. Easy to use when walking dog/s too as you can steer with one hand. My only issue is the basket under neath isn't that big, eg can't fit my nappy bag in there but I have heaps of stuff in my nappy bag so not sure it would fit under most prams!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cant wait to be a mummy For This Useful Post:

inner hippy  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm looking at these prams too & they just look so uncomfortable for a small baby? Would definitely need some kind of insert I assume?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've got the GT, definitely worth it for us as we're both tall and the handle is higher so we can walk more naturally with it.
    DS is only 8 days old so I can't give too much feedback...he doesn't know what he likes and dislikes yet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a mini, I didn't like it for a newborn although she did have a nice sheepy, also the basket is too small and the handle doesn't reverse. It's easy to fold and steer though but I was always sorry I bought it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have the mini and I think it's a fantastic everyday pram. I just love how easy it is to fold/unfold, that it's not heavy, can fit in the car easily, has good steering etc.

I'm not sure about the newborn factor because we purchased ours when DS was older and out of the baby stage.

If I had extra money at the time I would have gone for the GT, mainly due to the better tyres.

If you plan to wear your newborn a lot in the early days, then progressively use the pram more often, I think you'll be happy with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a city mini and we love it! I've got a sheepskin liner in it too and DD sits comfortably in it. I love the one hand close.

Me 29 + DH 33 = DD 7 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone for replying. Looks like we will go ahead with the Baby Jogger City Mini and just get an insert/sheep skin rug for bubs