+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Eloping...I think?

So me n hubby to be are seriously considering eloping. We want to marry on our angel baby's due date which is at the start of the week.
    After which we plan to keep it a secret until we send 'wedding' invites to guests n surprise them with a DVD presentation of our day in place of the actual ceremony n then go straight into reception mode.
    I would love for close friends n fam to attend the ceremony during the week n had in my mind who would attend, my bridal party etc. however my newly engaged best friend has just confirmed her wedding in another state the same week!
    My thoughts r all over the place n I'm on the verge of being hysterical!
    I absolutely MUST have that date-no compromise, what should I do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chillies

I don't know if things have changed since we got married, but we had to fill out an intent-to-marry form that I think has to be done 1 month in advance. And you can get it done and then still have the option. Not sure if it has an expiry or not...or even if it is still around. We heavily considered eloping and even 10 years on still think it would have been a better option.

All the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Little Ted! It has an expiry of 18 months-we've already filled it out n now I'm researching elopement packages-it just sucks how out of all the dates-my BM chose 'my' date. I was waiting on making a decision to then lodge the form when she announced her engagement n secured her date in a matter of a week! We got engaged in secret because I knew she would be getting engaged soon n didn't want to make a fuss as its more important to her. So I just feel stuck I guess :/

The other thing I'm thinking about is if we throw n engagement party after her wedding n just announce it there? I dunno...
    Last edited by Chillies; 22-07-2013 at 09:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah - huh. It sounds as though you have the major prep work done then. It is awkward to fit around others and a shame that it was the day you wanted. We had to wait an extra 4 months to get married due to Dh's siblings, by then the reception house decided to double the cost. I hate speeches and being out the front of everyone.