+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just want to have been born with a touch of willpower. If someone (my pita dh) brings out chocolate, I just can't say no. And it's become a habit to have something sweet after dinner every night. I've got Greek yogurt and strawberries in the fridge ... I just need to eat those instead. Tomorrow, d@mnit!

sent from my magical device

2. The Following User Says Thank You to angelini For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (28-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angelini View Post
    I just want to have been born with a touch of willpower. If someone (my pita dh) brings out chocolate, I just can't say no. And it's become a habit to have something sweet after dinner every night. I've got Greek yogurt and strawberries in the fridge ... I just need to eat those instead. Tomorrow, d@mnit!

sent from my magical device
    Same. Df will buy/hand me chocolate and even if I don't particularly feel like it or I'm well aware I'll regret it .3 of a second later, I still eat it. Gah!

Last night df asked me if we had any chocolate - I was pleased to say no. Though I'm going to buy some coconut oil today so I can make my own.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dh isn't so much into buying sweets, he does a hell of a lot of baking though. I can polish off a lot of banana choc chip muffins in a day lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Starting weight: 71.3kg
    Current weight: 67.3kg
    Loss to date: 4.0kg
    Goal weight: 65kg (after 6 weeks)
    Ultimate goal: 58kg

Stoked, but I think a large potion of that was due to AF leaving. Will be interesting to see how this week goes.

Still logging everything into MFP, going to try getting a little bit of a workout in at least 3 days this week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinnieMumma View Post
    Starting weight: 71.3kg
    Current weight: 67.3kg
    Loss to date: 4.0kg
    Goal weight: 65kg (after 6 weeks)
    Ultimate goal: 58kg

Stoked, but I think a large potion of that was due to AF leaving. Will be interesting to see how this week goes.

Still logging everything into MFP, going to try getting a little bit of a workout in at least 3 days this week.
    Awesome job! Well done

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Zombie - I've had the same problem myself, one little treat and then it's on for young and old. It took me a long time to kick that habit. I had to teach myself that one small treat didn't have to lead to a binge. It was hard, but I managed it eventually. Now I'm struggling to do it again lol.

HarvestMoon
    - I'm sorry you're feeling sick, that sucks Don't be suprised if you actually see a gain on the scales during and after though, we tend to retain water when we're sick. Not that it will definitely happen but being forewarned can protect you from disappointment. It'll come off when your body has recovered.

missymoo - Welcome to the thread I know exactly what you mean. It's not so much doing the right thing once you're in the swing of things, it's getting back into the habit of having it be the normal way of life again. It takes time but you'll get there

Theboys&me - Chicken korma? MY FAVORITE CURRY!!! I'm super jealous!

Rockett - I can't eat chocolate bars anymore. I mean I can occasionally eat an Atkins milk chocolate bar or a Curly Wurly (both about 115 calories each) but anything like a Mars Bar I can't even think about. If I eat something like that I go entirely silly! The Jarrah chocolate is great though, it feels totally indulgent.

SoThisIsLove - Naughty naughty, making people go off the rails. Just kidding lol

angelini - Sounds like you need to have a word with your DH. Bringing out the chocolate isn't really fair when you're trying to diet. Get him to at least not offer any to you. You WERE born with willpower, you just need to find a way to kick it into gear

Boobycino - Well done on saying no to the chocolate! How do you make chocolate with coconut oil? I have some in the cupboard, I'd be interested to try that. Although coconut oil is pretty high calorie so I don't know that having chocolate made from it would be safe for me bwahaha

mrstuilawa - My DH is an ex-chef, I can sympathise. He makes the most delicious food and desserts and then gives me a huge serving. He's stopped recently (he's dieting himself) but for some reason when he breaks out the baking gear it's like my brain goes on holidays.

TwinnieMumma - Well done on your loss so far, you're doing great! I love the sizeable loss after AF goes away, always makes me feel good

AFM Today I weighed in at 71.8kg which I'm STOKED with. I've been tracking my weight for a long time now (ever since I lost nearly 40kg a few years back) and I had a quick look at my weigh in for the 28th of July last year and it's the same. So even having a baby in the middle of that, I've still managed to be at the same weight exactly 12 months on.
    I'm still wanting to loose another 5kg to get to the weight that I was most happy at but I'm just plain thrilled to have managed to get back to my pre-baby weight 4 months after giving birth. And I didn't have to go stupid to do it .
    So tomorrow's weigh in will give me my first official weigh in for this challenge and I'm hoping to have lost 1kg for the week. That'd be awesome. It's definitely motivating to see those numbers drop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I went a little overboard on the red wine last night and I'm still on Struggle Street. I haven't eaten a thing yet today. Sooo bad.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Wow twinnie amazing loss. Congrats ^_^

Eko- maybe one day i can get there too

Braiiiiins

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Damn, Eko! That's not what I wanted to hear...lol.
    Actually feeling a bit better today. The aches and fevers seem gone just have a sore throat and that stuffy feeling in the head to contend with.
    Hopefully will jump back on the exercise bandwagon by tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Home made chocolate = 1 part coconut oil, 1 part shredded/desiccated coconut, 1 part Coco powder, then sweetener. Sometimes I'll chuck chopped nuts, or dried fruit. But it sets in about 10/20 minutes in fridge, and I make just enough for a couple of pieces each and if we want more we have to wait again. So that's handy.

I also bought chia seeds today! I'm kinda excited about it. Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Eko  (28-07-2013)