+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Straight back on the horse

Breakfast
    (Doesn't look like best but delish!)

Oats with banana, cooked cinnamon apple, banana, chobani, almond butter.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1374878390.139010.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    I think my bathroom scales were trying to be my friend rather than be honest with me. I stepped on... 65kgs... Stepped off - looked in the mirror... Nahhhh.... Steppes back on 74.2kgs.

Though now I can't believe a thing they say!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Haha!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (27-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Maybe they were going "okay okay! Weight goal achieved! Now GET OFF ME!!"

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol!!! I'm sure my scales are female ... They keep changing their mind!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (27-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I keep forgetting to post :\
    Thursday and Friday were okay days, have managed to stick to my calorie limit all week so I'm pretty stoked with that. Not too much in the exercise department so far but i wasn't expecting to be able to do much. Weigh day is tomorrow. I'm nervous to see the results!

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Catch up time! This is gonna be a long one, hold onto your hats!

Zombie - Don't worry too much about a small amount of carbs, I try to avoid them myself as it's the only way that I can lose weight. But a small amount will burn off relatively quickly

Carpe diem - There is always tomorrow... But if you have meals left for the day there's always the next meal!

Theboys&me - Well done on your 1.3kg gone! That's an amazing loss And that clean banana and date icecream sounds awesome, I might have to try that out.

monnie - Braces must be a pain for snacking, most of the things I snack on would get stuck no problem lol. Could you substitute sugar free mint lollies? That way you can suck on them instead. And I find that they stop my sugar cravings in their tracks. Did you manage to avoid too much cake and Indian food? In the old days I could say no to that sort of thing so easily. Not so much anymore.

raspberries - That Morroccan lamb sounds devine! I make a slow cooked Morroccan lamb shank meal in my slow cooker and it's amazing. Sadly shanks are rather fatty and I like to make a sauce out of the juices at the end. I skive off as much of the fat as I can but it's a losing battle haha.

carleena - My bub is teething too, it's making life really difficult. I just have to bite the bullet and remind myself that sugary snacks will only get me so far. I have trouble keeping my breastfeeding cals up too but it's hard to find things that I can just pop in my mouth because I'm cycling carbs at the moment. Ham gets old quickly.

Boobychino - Hahahha your scales are messing with you! But how nice would it be to see almost 10kg magically disappear overnight? *sigh* We can only dream... Haha! Have you tried changing the batteries? I know mine starts to give me hinky measurements when I need to replace them.

HarvestMoon - I'm sorry your back is so bad And I totally know what you mean about the tight clothes thing, that's ALWAYS what makes me pull my head in and start trying to lose weight. I can't stand having tight clothes! But keep in mind, losing weight is something like 80% diet, 20% exercise. I'm losing weight even though I'm not exercising and it's because of what I'm eating. So all hope isn't lost.

SoThisIsLove - How are you going so far?

angelini - Mmmm parma and chips, I don't know that I could have resisted either. There certainly is always tomorrow. I know you'll be doing better today. Sometimes it's about picking your battles. I always make sure that if I do badly for one meal I get back to it the next meal rather than the next day.

mrstuilawa - I haven't given up carbs entirely. I have a day where I eat whatever I want (within calorie reason) and that's generally when I have my carbs. It hasn't affected my supply that I can tell but I agree with bub only being 9 weeks you're better off waiting until she's a bit older just in case. Another 3 weeks should do it. I started carb cycling when bub hit 3 months and it all went ok.

FirstTimeMummy - Sounds like you're doing pretty well, your diet looks well balanced so far. Don't worry about the occasional chinese splurge, so long as it's occasional it won't hurt. And it's important not to feel deprived. Just keep your serving size small and you'll do well.

Rockett - Housework certainly does count! It counts a lot more than sitting around doing nothing, that's for sure Sounds like you've got your diet in hand. You've inspired me, I might do home made pizzas tonight now Well done on avoiding chocolate. I have Jarrah hot chocolate for those cravings, it works a treat and is only 59 calories per serving if you don't use milk

RandR - I'm sorry you've had a bad couple of days. But jump back on it, I know you can do it!

tormy - You're a superstar, you've been doing so well You're my inspiration for avoiding tasty treats. I used to be able to sit back and not partake just like you but since eating pretty much whatever I liked with bub it's been a struggle to get back to that. I'm getting there though.

bel2466 - Good work on the good first week. Being busy certainly helps avoid snacking doesn't it.

BigRed - Bummer about the terrible week. But you can always start again. That's the great thing about it, one bad week doesn't mean that the next week has to be bad too

TwinnieMumma - Well done on doing so well for the week. Looking forward to your weigh in, hope you get to see a good result. Not exercising isn't always the end of the world for weight loss.

Sorry if I've missed anyone else, please know that I want to know how you're going too!!

AFM I seem to have found a good balance for carb cycling;

Day 1: High protein, slight weight gain (usually between 100-500g)
    Day 2: High protein, good loss (usually between 600g & 1.3kg)
    Day 3: Higher carb/cal, stable weight.
    Rinse and repeat.

So even though I generally have a gain from my higher carb/cal day, I tend to lose that and more on day two of the cycle. At the moment that seems to be my magic bullet for losing weight. I can't cut carbs entirely because I'm BFing and honestly I don't think I'd want to anyway.
    I seem to lose weight best on a low carb/paleo diet which is frustrating because I LOVE my sugars! I miss bread so much when I cut it out entirely. But at the moment I'm doing ok with carbs every third day so I'm ok with that.
    I'm down to 72.1kg, so not bad. I'm hoping to hit my goal of 70kg before I go back to work on the 12th of August, although being under that would be AWESOME!!!
    Last edited by Eko; 27-07-2013 at 12:41.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

Rockett  (27-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eko can I ask what carb cycling is exactly?

Dd is quite a frequent feeder I don't know how I'll go trying to cut carbs from some of my meals :/

Brekkie baked beans, ham, cheese and toast

Snack gelato (1 scoop nutella 1 scoop coconut, whoops)

Lunch will be tuna pasta bake leftovers

Dinner will be chicken and cashew nuts stir fry yum yum

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eko carb cycling sounds interesting, im not sure i'd be disciplined enough, and well done on your awesome long post. Mrstuilawa that gelato sounds divine AFM I cant seem to have 2 healthy food days in a row, exercise fine, food not so much, seems Im on a weight gain diet not weight loss, the more I try to eat healthy the more junk I want lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    My lunch

Purple cauliflower fried rice

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1374894079.026748.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    My lunch

Purple cauliflower fried rice

Attachment 39898
    That looks amazing!

Eko - good work on the personals! What is carb cycling? I've never heard of it.