+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Sure Chobani is the brand of natural non fat Greek yoghurt I use. It's the healthiest I've found and has absolutely no sugar etc. that the Greek yoghurt a in the fruit yoghurt section have.

I buy quinoa, chai seeds etc. from the health food section in woollies (macro brand). I also get my coconut oil, LSA, spelt grain from there.

I haven't bought stevia, cacao, agave etc. yet if that's what you're having trouble finding?? But you can get them at health food shops.

Does that help??
    That absolutely helps loads thanks so much!!

I downloaded the clean eating recipes app on iPhone and I swear half the ingredients have me scratching my head!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Haha!!

What app is that?? I just make up my own recipes using clean food.

My ice cream is just frozen banana, dollop of chobani, splash of water and a fresh date.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    What carbs are you eating??
    Cake, bickies, bread and sugar. All bad carbs.

I'm thinking seeing lots of people seem to be having oatmeal for breakfast that might be a good start. I'm grocery shopping on Saturday so I'm going to buy some dried fruit to meet the sweet cravings.

Also might pick up some Stevia to replace any sugar I'm adding to things, because sweet cravings are getting me bad.

On the up side I decided to walk to the park a second time, so when I added up all my walking today I racked up 11.3 klms.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    It's funny I meet up with some mums to do a pram walk. The walk itself is 1.6 klms. But I walk 2.2 klms to the point we meet. So I walk an extra 4.4 klms, the "walk" significantly shorter than how far I walk to get to the walk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Cake, bickies, bread and sugar. All bad carbs.

I'm thinking seeing lots of people seem to be having oatmeal for breakfast that might be a good start. I'm grocery shopping on Saturday so I'm going to buy some dried fruit to meet the sweet cravings.

Also might pick up some Stevia to replace any sugar I'm adding to things, because sweet cravings are getting me bad.

On the up side I decided to walk to the park a second time, so when I added up all my walking today I racked up 11.3 klms.

Oh bugger!!! I'm a sucker for cake myself .. I can't even bake sweets for the boys cos I'll eat them.

Dried fruit isn't always the best. Just check the nutritional info. Do you like fresh dates?? I hate dried prunes, etc. but fresh dates are like lollies to me. I seriously feel like I'm cheating.

That's awesome with the walking!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh bugger!!! I'm a sucker for cake myself .. I can't even bake sweets for the boys cos I'll eat them.

Dried fruit isn't always the best. Just check the nutritional info. Do you like fresh dates?? I hate dried prunes, etc. but fresh dates are like lollies to me. I seriously feel like I'm cheating.

That's awesome with the walking!!!
    Yeah I was thinking dates, I hadn't thought what else, the local fruit shop has a big selection of dried fruit and nuts I'll be checking out the packaging. I figure though even if it's the same amount of sugar as say - chocolate, at least it's fibre as well so it's not like I could eat a whole packed in one sitting.

I'm also trying to drink more water so that I'm not eating because I'm thirsty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Yeah I was thinking dates, I hadn't thought what else, the local fruit shop has a big selection of dried fruit and nuts I'll be checking out the packaging. I figure though even if it's the same amount of sugar as say - chocolate, at least it's fibre as well so it's not like I could eat a whole packed in one sitting.

I'm also trying to drink more water so that I'm not eating because I'm thirsty.

Oh definitely better. Have you tried organic raw dark choc?? It's clean and so string that you can't eat more than a square or two at a time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh definitely better. Have you tried organic raw dark choc?? It's clean and so string that you can't eat more than a square or two at a time.
    Mmm sounds good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha!!

What app is that?? I just make up my own recipes using clean food.

My ice cream is just frozen banana, dollop of chobani, splash of water and a fresh date.
    I think it's called "clean eating recipes". It's actually pretty cool

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    I went ok-ish today...haven't gotten any exercise in, other than fast housework...does that count?

Breaky...small bowl Special K
    Lunch... salad made up of baby spinach leaves,cherry tomatoes,grated cheese,ham and cucumber...dollop of dijonnaise
    Snack...small handful of hot chips that DH brought home ...sigh...
    Dinner....homemade pizza
    Snack...mandarin
    Lots of water

I've gone all day without chocolate today...might not seem like much to some,but it's huge for me....feeling quite proud of myself about that...I have no cravings for it whatsoever!
    I hope that feeling continues tomorrow!!