Closed Thread
Page 64 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey all!
    Been a bit quiet lately, but still reading along!
    Happy birthday MCB!
    All of the pics of bubs are so cute!!
    Channy - I haven't considered the needle - if they give it to me, meh - if they don't, meh! BUT in saying that, apparently I am WAY too relaxed and many women are fearing that I am not making decisions (yes I had someone 'fear' for me last week!) - to them I say 'meh' haha The reason I am so 'meh' about those kinds of things is because if I read too much, I freak the feck out!!!! Sometimes too much info is not good for me! So for example, last year when I had surgery, I was in hospital for 5 days. Each night they needed to give me a needle in my thigh to ensure my blood didn't clot (I was not able to move). That needle hurt like a b*Tch and from 4pm each day, I started to get anxious and panic knowing that needle was coming up - yet I have freaking tattoos - but this needle....ouch!!! Anyways, in antenatal classes the midwife discussed this needle and I think she even said it goes into the thigh - my eyes widened and I looked at DH 'please no!'. But having a chat with her, she told me different needles, etc etc...so I have to not think about it too much, otherwise I will have this baby and then get anxious when I see them heading towards my thigh....

I am day 3 into my mat leave and so far I have not relaxed! Tomorrow is my last day of appointments and then Friday I don't have a thing to do but watch tv! My goodness my body is craving it! My joints in my groin area are really starting to suffer and I am so tired! Today I half packed my hospital bag with the essentials, so if bub decides to head out, I will have the things that are needed in the first few days!
    I have 3.5 weeks left (til due date) and am starting to get a little nervous (see! shouldn't over think things ) Have been reading up on positive birthing stories, letting the contractions 'push' bub out rather than me 'pushing' bub out and also trying to find out information on circumcision if we have a boy AND trying to decide on a middle name if we have a girl!

Bond - hope your little girl decides to make a move soon - I really love that you are not being pressured for intervention, I would like to think I would like bub to come on down when they are ready!!

Hi to everyone else!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MissXamA For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (15-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good to hear from you, Mrs La. Sorry to hear you've been sick! Your work sounds great arranging a replacement so soon. I went on mat leave having not handed my cases over to anyone as we were so short staffed!

I'm not sure, but think I've lost my mucus plug. Had two big bloody losses. one earlier this afternoon and one tonight. I know it's not a guarantee of labour as many people lose plugs well in advance of that, but hoping it may be a good sign for me! Trying to stimulate my tightenings with my pump. But let's face it, I'll still probably be pregnant tomorrow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fx that's the last step that your body needed to go through Bond!!! August 15 has a nice ring to it for a birthday

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NicT For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (15-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hope it's tomorrow too. Our last angels were due tomorrow. All the best Bond - hope you can get some sleep before it kicks in too much. I remember losing my plugs whilst in labour at the hospital! But, yes, I've also know women who have lost it quite a while before. Will hopefully awake to good news

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (15-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss x:
    I had the needle with all 3 of mine don't remember it at all and like you I am putrefied of needles. With blood tests I have mini panic attacks. So don't worry u will be totally focused on your precious bub on your chest. 😊

Bond: I have everything crossed for you and hopefully in the morning you will have some more exciting news.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to loonylea For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (15-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Will catch up properly tomorrow but wanted to say. Good luck Bond. I hope losing plug means something will happen soon

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Channy: its great that you are looking at what's available to you. If bath/shower is something you might want don't forget to pack a change of clothes for DP as he will get wet. Skin to skin is a great option too and highly recommended. Take the option of the hospital gown for the actual delivery, its easier to get off so as you can do the skin to skin.

Michelle: Gorgeous bump shot, you look fantastic. Happy Birthday too.

Little Ted: I agree its good to have a plan for ideal birth but also important to discuss in what order other assistance might be required. For me next time if I need drugs I will skip the gas as it made me loopy. Hope you are doing well.

MrsLA: wow 20weeks already. Sorry you have been sick. I hope your visit to your sister and nephew went well. It's great your replacement was organised so quickly. Yay for a scan on Friday. You must be excited.

MissX: they do the injection as bub is coming out normally I didnt even know they had done the injection. Glad you are getting organised and have started packing your bag. Not long to go now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My little girl is 8 weeks today. Where has the time gone?

Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissXamA View Post
    Hey all!
    Happy birthday MCB!
    Channy - I haven't considered the needle - if they give it to me, meh - if they don't, meh! BUT in saying that, apparently I am WAY too relaxed and many women are fearing that I am not making decisions (yes I had someone 'fear' for me last week!) - to them I say 'meh' haha The reason I am so 'meh' about those kinds of things is because if I read too much, I freak the feck out!!!! Sometimes too much info is not good for me! So for example, last year when I had surgery, I was in hospital for 5 days. Each night they needed to give me a needle in my thigh to ensure my blood didn't clot (I was not able to move). That needle hurt like a b*Tch and from 4pm each day, I started to get anxious and panic knowing that needle was coming up - yet I have freaking tattoos - but this needle....ouch!!! Anyways, in antenatal classes the midwife discussed this needle and I think she even said it goes into the thigh - my eyes widened and I looked at DH 'please no!'. But having a chat with her, she told me different needles, etc etc...so I have to not think about it too much, otherwise I will have this baby and then get anxious when I see them heading towards my thigh....

I am day 3 into my mat leave and so far I have not relaxed! Tomorrow is my last day of appointments and then Friday I don't have a thing to do but watch tv! My goodness my body is craving it! My joints in my groin area are really starting to suffer and I am so tired! Today I half packed my hospital bag with the essentials, so if bub decides to head out, I will have the things that are needed in the first few days!
    I have 3.5 weeks left (til due date) and am starting to get a little nervous (see! shouldn't over think things ) Have been reading up on positive birthing stories, letting the contractions 'push' bub out rather than me 'pushing' bub out and also trying to find out information on circumcision if we have a boy AND trying to decide on a middle name if we have a girl!

Bond - hope your little girl decides to make a move soon - I really love that you are not being pressured for intervention, I would like to think I would like bub to come on down when they are ready!!

Hi to everyone else!
    If you know you'll freak out with too much info, then better not to look into it.

Sounds like you're getting organised. Try to relax while you still can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissXamA View Post
    Hey all!
    Happy birthday MCB!

Hi to everyone else!
    Best not to read too much if it worries you. I am an info-a-holic so like to know everything about everything so I feel informed haha. I wouldn't b surprised if my birth plan doesn't even get looked at but I feel better if I write one. I saw a psychic last yr who told me I'd have placenta Previa with my first, so if she's right, my drug free wayer birth will go out the window 3.5wks how exciting!