Closed Thread
Page 63 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleClareBear View Post
    Here is my 23 week bump shot by the river today:
    Beautiful pic and happy bday!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

MichelleClareBear  (14-08-2013)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Lovely bump shot MCB and happy birthday! We are off to the beach on a holiday when I'm 32 weeks, looking fwd to getting some beachy bump shots!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

MichelleClareBear  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Happy birthday MCB!!! Great pic. Glad you enjoyed your day.

Channy - I've had the injection twice - I didn't notice it. One time placenta came out well and the other time it was partially retained (they also managed to drop it on the ground that time too!). I don't know what the research says about this. But I've gone onto have retained placenta without the injection too when we lost a bub at 19 weeks. I think I've been more focused on my babies as they've come out. Can't say I thought about the injection too much though.

Knowing that our next labour should be shorter, I'm also hoping for no drugs - it's always a let's see how it goes thing. Good to have it sorted what your ideal birth would be, but then be prepared to make decisions on the other things if you have to, ie. think about what would be your drug of choice if needed prior, rather than having to make a rushed decision in there if things change. I found that both the gas and remi fentynol both make me stop breathing, so I can't have them - I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem though.

Hopefully you all will have wonderful labours within a normal length of time and won't have to worry about pain meds or complications.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

MichelleClareBear  (15-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissFaery View Post
    Bond - try acupressure points in your calf and feet, google it. I have also heard that sex can help if DH is up to it with his back. Good luck, hope bub comes soon. When was your due date?
    My due date was 3rd August based on when I know I ovulated (was on clomid). Yeah I've been doing those acupressure points and also ones on my hands. I go to acupuncture twice a week so she told me about them. Going to do lots tonight and also use my breast pump. Also trying to keep up with regular sex when its possible! I'm having some tightenings but they'll probably disappear again!

Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    What r ur thoughts on it?
    This time (as I obviously had no choice with my c section) I have elected not to have the injection and birth my placenta naturally if it comes out ok on its own. Bub will remain connected to it and the cord won't be cut until it comes out. We'll see how it turns out when the time comes!

MCB- happy birthday! Enjoy your day

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    Happy birthday MCB!!! Great pic. Glad you enjoyed your day.

Channy - I've had the injection twice - I didn't notice it. One time placenta came out well and the other time it was partially retained (they also managed to drop it on the ground that time too!). I don't know what the research says about this. But I've gone onto have retained placenta without the injection too when we lost a bub at 19 weeks. I think I've been more focused on my babies as they've come out. Can't say I thought about the injection too much though.

Knowing that our next labour should be shorter, I'm also hoping for no drugs - it's always a let's see how it goes thing. Good to have it sorted what your ideal birth would be, but then be prepared to make decisions on the other things if you have to, ie. think about what would be your drug of choice if needed prior, rather than having to make a rushed decision in there if things change. I found that both the gas and remi fentynol both make me stop breathing, so I can't have them - I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem though.

Hopefully you all will have wonderful labours within a normal length of time and won't have to worry about pain meds or complications.
    I have no disillusions that my plan will go perfectly but instead just want my preferences to be known. Hopefully a few of the things like skin to skin contact etc can definitely happen I like to be informed

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no disillusions that my plan will go perfectly but instead just want my preferences to be known. Hopefully a few of the things like skin to skin contact etc can definitely happen I like to be informed
    I hope my last post didn't come out wrong. You're thinking about more things than I did before I had my first which is great - I was completely not prepared for a c-section, but had also missed that week at antenatal classes due to the flu! I also had no clothes packed for a c-section and went home wearing DH's trousers! I think I refine my ideal plan and tweak it a little more each time I go in. The middies here are great and support skin to skin and breast feeding as soon as they come out - hopefully you will get the right staff too. I found the biggest thing I had to push for in my birth plan was the ability to walk around whilst being monitored.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    I hope my last post didn't come out wrong. You're thinking about more things than I did before I had my first which is great - I was completely not prepared for a c-section, but had also missed that week at antenatal classes due to the flu! I also had no clothes packed for a c-section and went home wearing DH's trousers! I think I refine my ideal plan and tweak it a little more each time I go in. The middies here are great and support skin to skin and breast feeding as soon as they come out - hopefully you will get the right staff too. I found the biggest thing I had to push for in my birth plan was the ability to walk around whilst being monitored.
    Didn't come out wrong at all just making conversation. I love hearing about people's thoughts and experiences

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think skin to skin is standard practice now. It's good to go in with preferences and then be willing to change them if necessary. Hopefully you get the birth that you want.

My birth didn't turn out according to my preferences, but it was a positive experience, and relatively short once my waters were broken.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MCB you look stunning. Happy birthday lovely xx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone,

Ive not been around much lately, Ive been really sick and then went to see my sis and new baby nephew in QLD, so had no time to post at all.
    I have been reading along though.

Bond, so glad bub is doing well, and I admire your strength sticking you your plan. Hopefully tonight's tightening is something!

MCB happy birthday, It sounds like you had a lovely day. you look stunning.

FTM, vale is divine

looney, lucas is adorable, I love his half windy smile

and......... that is all my baby brain can remember tonight

afm, 20 weeks today, scan booked for Friday morning, and we have lay byed all of our big baby purchases now just to get the new carpet in, and re polish the floorboards!!!

Had a big meeting with my bosses today to arrange a replacement for my mat leave which was really exciting, I am really glad that they are onto it early so that I can train her properly before I go on leave. She starts orientation in 3 weeks!!! (OMG, this is getting real )

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrsLA For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (15-08-2013),loonylea  (14-08-2013),MichelleClareBear  (15-08-2013)