Closed Thread
Page 53 of 95 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 941
  1. #521
    rainbow road's Avatar
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    in a glass case of emotion
    Posts
    12,406
    Thanks
    1,187
    Thanked
    8,045
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I try to look at gender disappointment not as being disappointed about what you have but about grieving what you don't have. I would be really devastated if we never had a daughter. Doesn't mean I would love any of my sons less, but I have always wanted to parent a girl so I can see how someone could be upset they don't get to experience that.

    However I didn't find out in order to deal with that, I found out because I wanted to be able to call my baby by his/her name, and bond with him as the boy he is

    I wrote out the envelopes for my baby shower invites today. Just have to print them out and send!

  2. #522
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    5,259
    Thanks
    1,046
    Thanked
    1,752
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    I try to look at gender disappointment not as being disappointed about what you have but about grieving what you don't have. I would be really devastated if we never had a daughter. Doesn't mean I would love any of my sons less, but I have always wanted to parent a girl so I can see how someone could be upset they don't get to experience that.

    However I didn't find out in order to deal with that, I found out because I wanted to be able to call my baby by his/her name, and bond with him as the boy he is

    I wrote out the envelopes for my baby shower invites today. Just have to print them out and send!
    Exciting! When is it?

  3. #523
    rainbow road's Avatar
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    in a glass case of emotion
    Posts
    12,406
    Thanks
    1,187
    Thanked
    8,045
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    19th oct... I'm a little excited

  4. #524
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    5,259
    Thanks
    1,046
    Thanked
    1,752
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    19th oct... I'm a little excited
    Yay that's awesome

  5. #525
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,844
    Thanks
    2,902
    Thanked
    1,627
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    I feel sad today, a bunch of ppl in my fb dig are saying how disappointed they are about the gender of their baby. I just don't understand it, why not be happy to have a healthy bub? Are people's desire for a certain gender really that strong? I think I spent too long seeing ppl in the ttc threads struggle to feel sorry for anyone with 4 kids and gender disappointment. Mayb I'm being harsh.
    I agree, you'd think they'd be happy to have a healthy baby. But as FTM said, if they've already got 3 of one gender and specifically tried again for the other gender, I guess it could be disappointing.
    I found out the gender, not because I had a preference, but because I wanted to get organised.

  6. #526
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    5,259
    Thanks
    1,046
    Thanked
    1,752
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    I agree, you'd think they'd be happy to have a healthy baby. But as FTM said, if they've already got 3 of one gender and specifically tried again for the other gender, I guess it could be disappointing.
    I found out the gender, not because I had a preference, but because I wanted to get organised.
    I Hp I didn't sound like I disagree with ppl who find out gender, I totally understand why ppl do it

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

    FirstTimeMummy2012  (10-08-2013)

  8. #527
    rainbow road's Avatar
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    in a glass case of emotion
    Posts
    12,406
    Thanks
    1,187
    Thanked
    8,045
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I was just too impatient!

  9. #528
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    5,259
    Thanks
    1,046
    Thanked
    1,752
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    I was just too impatient!
    I think it's gonna kill me not knowing but I really want to let this b a surprise, in such a control freak normally.

  10. #529
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,308
    Thanks
    3,424
    Thanked
    1,831
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Rainbow - I hope you have so much fun at your baby shower. It is definitely something to look forward to and such a great excuse to catch up with friends.

    Toni - I'm definitely going to read River's story when I have another break from study later tonight.

    Channy - DH and I experienced a family member who was struggling with the gender of their baby recently, and yes, it was someone who had always wanted a girl and it is the last child they are having. Of course they will love him to bits. I think some ladies have dreams for their career, wedding, dp, babies and some see themselves specifically wanting one gender over another, or a pidgeon pair. For the family member involved she had been told often that it was a girl by other people (not a sonographer) and so was not prepared mentally. I don't think there's anything wrong with specifically hoping for one gender over another, as many women are then prepared to accept what they are given. Personally I didn't mind what we had, but after having a girl I can see the possibilities in the relationship we can have in the future and look forward to it...and she helps me organise the boys already After having two boys though...statistically we were prepared for another boy and were quite shocked when we found out. We couldn't found out with our first, but have since as I like to be organised also. I still pack gender-neutral for the delivery though!

  11. #530
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,036
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked
    234
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies!
    Quick question, I am trying to start the online process for claiming PPL, as people have told me to start inputting the details and then all I need to do is show up with bub's birth certificate. But I am having issues trying to even get started and hoping someone can help me??
    I have created a 'mygov' account and so have a log in for that - but it seems the PPL is through centrelink and it seems that I need to register with centrelink online services. BUT it keeps asking me for a CRN - yet I don't have anything to do with centreline and therefore don't have a CRN.
    Do you know if I need to register with centrelink first? Or am I missing something? I have been trying to for over 2 hours and keep coming up with blanks!
    Good thing - I have linked my medicare and ehealth records

    Any help would be appreciated!!!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #6
    By Lil Smurfy in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 990
    Last Post: 21-06-2013, 21:46
  2. Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #2
    By Blonde Assassin in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 1170
    Last Post: 10-02-2013, 17:16
  3. Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move!!!!
    By J37 in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 1536
    Last Post: 10-12-2012, 19:51

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Boody Organic Bamboo Baby Wear
Softer than your bub's bum Boody Organic Bamboo Baby Wear
Australia's favourite eco brand has delivered a gorgeous baby collection. Made from organic bamboo, Boody's extraordinarily soft and stretchy, skin-friendly tops, bottoms, onesies, bibs and wraps don't 'cost the earth'. Get 20% OFF! Code BUBHUB16.
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Einsteinz Music
Fun & interactive music classes!
Classes are taught by professional musicians! Children are taught the fundamentals of music: beat, pitch, rhythm and tempo through hands-on experience. Click for more details!!!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!