Closed Thread
Page 53 of 95 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I try to look at gender disappointment not as being disappointed about what you have but about grieving what you don't have. I would be really devastated if we never had a daughter. Doesn't mean I would love any of my sons less, but I have always wanted to parent a girl so I can see how someone could be upset they don't get to experience that.

However I didn't find out in order to deal with that, I found out because I wanted to be able to call my baby by his/her name, and bond with him as the boy he is

I wrote out the envelopes for my baby shower invites today. Just have to print them out and send!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    I try to look at gender disappointment not as being disappointed about what you have but about grieving what you don't have. I would be really devastated if we never had a daughter. Doesn't mean I would love any of my sons less, but I have always wanted to parent a girl so I can see how someone could be upset they don't get to experience that.

However I didn't find out in order to deal with that, I found out because I wanted to be able to call my baby by his/her name, and bond with him as the boy he is

I wrote out the envelopes for my baby shower invites today. Just have to print them out and send!
    Exciting! When is it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    19th oct... I'm a little excited

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    19th oct... I'm a little excited
    Yay that's awesome

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    I feel sad today, a bunch of ppl in my fb dig are saying how disappointed they are about the gender of their baby. I just don't understand it, why not be happy to have a healthy bub? Are people's desire for a certain gender really that strong? I think I spent too long seeing ppl in the ttc threads struggle to feel sorry for anyone with 4 kids and gender disappointment. Mayb I'm being harsh.
    I agree, you'd think they'd be happy to have a healthy baby. But as FTM said, if they've already got 3 of one gender and specifically tried again for the other gender, I guess it could be disappointing.
    I found out the gender, not because I had a preference, but because I wanted to get organised.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    I agree, you'd think they'd be happy to have a healthy baby. But as FTM said, if they've already got 3 of one gender and specifically tried again for the other gender, I guess it could be disappointing.
    I found out the gender, not because I had a preference, but because I wanted to get organised.
    I Hp I didn't sound like I disagree with ppl who find out gender, I totally understand why ppl do it

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (10-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was just too impatient!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was just too impatient!
    I think it's gonna kill me not knowing but I really want to let this b a surprise, in such a control freak normally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Rainbow - I hope you have so much fun at your baby shower. It is definitely something to look forward to and such a great excuse to catch up with friends.

Toni - I'm definitely going to read River's story when I have another break from study later tonight.

Channy - DH and I experienced a family member who was struggling with the gender of their baby recently, and yes, it was someone who had always wanted a girl and it is the last child they are having. Of course they will love him to bits. I think some ladies have dreams for their career, wedding, dp, babies and some see themselves specifically wanting one gender over another, or a pidgeon pair. For the family member involved she had been told often that it was a girl by other people (not a sonographer) and so was not prepared mentally. I don't think there's anything wrong with specifically hoping for one gender over another, as many women are then prepared to accept what they are given. Personally I didn't mind what we had, but after having a girl I can see the possibilities in the relationship we can have in the future and look forward to it...and she helps me organise the boys already After having two boys though...statistically we were prepared for another boy and were quite shocked when we found out. We couldn't found out with our first, but have since as I like to be organised also. I still pack gender-neutral for the delivery though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies!
    Quick question, I am trying to start the online process for claiming PPL, as people have told me to start inputting the details and then all I need to do is show up with bub's birth certificate. But I am having issues trying to even get started and hoping someone can help me??
    I have created a 'mygov' account and so have a log in for that - but it seems the PPL is through centrelink and it seems that I need to register with centrelink online services. BUT it keeps asking me for a CRN - yet I don't have anything to do with centreline and therefore don't have a CRN.
    Do you know if I need to register with centrelink first? Or am I missing something? I have been trying to for over 2 hours and keep coming up with blanks!
    Good thing - I have linked my medicare and ehealth records

Any help would be appreciated!!!