Closed Thread
Page 11 of 95 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Loony- I think I would only have the sweep done if i felt comfortable with who was doing it and their abilities. Can you request a midwife rather than a doctor do it when you're at your appointment or is that not possible? They're usually more gentle than doctors! Or re-book for when a preferred doc is around?

I am having one the day after my due date as long as my cervix is favourable. its about as much intervention as I'll allow without any signs of fetal distress.

Waiting- heart burn sucks, sorry you're suffering!

Rainbow- lol about the erotic dreams. I wouldn't have told my husband if it featured someone else, he'd sulk for too long!

MCB- yay for twenty weeks!

Channy- stretch and sweep isn't so bad, not always pleasant or comfortable but as Toni already said it can be a good way to get you into labour without greater intervention. I had three with Toby, two really hurt even though my cervix was soft and open, but they didn't work for me with that pregnancy. Felt crampy and had mucus blood loss but that was it. They're always worth a try I think.

Afm-the period type pain disappeared as I thought it would despite lingering for ages. hoping its a good sign though as never had it with Toby, my stubborn little one who refused to come out on his own!
    Last edited by Bond Girl; 24-07-2013 at 12:43.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

loonylea  (24-07-2013),MichelleClareBear  (24-07-2013)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh Channy, If you'd seen the cop who invited me to go to Spain with him you'd have raunchy dreams about him too!! Hehe.

Yay for 20 weeks MCB!!! Nightmares ate horrible - I've had some too

Toni, hope the dairy free diet isn't too hard for you. You'll need to find some yummy alternatives. Cheese would be the hardest for me!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

MichelleClareBear  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Did someone say cheese?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Waiting- I'm hoping it won't be to uncomfortable for me as this is bub #3 and my other were normal vaginal births???

Channy- I think I'm more concerned about who I might get it done by lol and then the possibility of going on the drip and needing a epi when my other two were both natural and all I had was hot showers and the gas on/off. Fx u go into labour naturally.

Mcb- 1/2 way now 🎉 . I'm hoping for a particular lady dr that was really good when I had the spotting afew weeks ago.

Squiggsmum- good luck for your scan.

Toni- I think u have scared Channy lol. Glad the DTD went well its abit scary the first time but after that u forget ad just do it.

Smurfy- just stalking waiting for ur news hope your doing well 😊

7. The Following User Says Thank You to loonylea For This Useful Post:

Three Little Birds  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniS View Post
    Rainbow: yay for lots of movement. Hope you get to see heaps of photos of your little man next Friday.

Michelle: congrats on 20w. River's thrush is slowly clearing thanks for asking.

Raunchy dreams during pregnancy must be normal I had them too. I DTD first time since the birth which was a little uncomfortable but good.
    Glad her thrush is clearing, poor little princess

i think it is quite normal due to all the extra hormones!
    Thats good Toni, they generally say you can start again after 6 weeks... So you must be healing nicely if it wasn't too painful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Afm-the period type pain disappeared as I thought it would despite lingering for ages. hoping its a good sign though as never had it with Toby, my stubborn little one who refused to come out on his own!

Not sure if can request a midwife do it but if get a male and feel like yep gotta get it done then will ask could get female to do it. Agree about midwives being better/gentle than drs. Had only midi with dd and ds. I feel the same about intervention coz done 2natural so don't wanna end with CS.

Hope ur period pain is a good thing for you. Maybe it's all that stuff u been doing ( acupuncture, massage, etc) helping push bubs into position.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I need some advice I am 13+1 and just had two tiny blood clots but no bleeding or cramping. Saw healthy wriggly bub last thurs at nt scan, is it possible I'm mc or just one of those odd things? I feel fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    I need some advice I am 13+1 and just had two tiny blood clots but no bleeding or cramping. Saw healthy wriggly bub last thurs at nt scan, is it possible I'm mc or just one of those odd things? I feel fine.
    Sorry no advice but couldn't leave you hanging if I was u I would call ur OB or birth centre and explain to them and go from that. Fx

Thanks
    Reviews
    It sounds positive that you feel fine channy, but like Loony said, i'd call your ob just for peace of mind. Take care xxx This process is stressful enough without bleeding adding to it!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do t have an ob as I haven't been to my first appt and am going public. I feel silly doing it but might just ring local hospital and ask. They can't do anything anyway I guess. I'm sure it's all fine.