+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was due early December so was also worried about too man visitors overt Christmas. I'm quite assertive so I just told people no if I wasn't up for it. We had some family and honestly. .my in laws always overstay their welcome so I just had to say I'm tired. .. or it was nap time. I also never ever woke her for visitors. . tough luck I thought. . she's a baby. . she needs her sleep.
    Don't stress. . just stick up for yourself. .. or get your partner to. ..I also used bfing as a good escape to hide in the bedroom for some peace.
    My husband and I.. and our newborn went out to the shops etc. But we did stay home a lot.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

JungleMum  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Stayed in for about a month and didn't catch up with friends until after that. If anyone knocked at the door I just didn't answer it. Especially with my first as I had a lot to get used to. Both children fed every two hours and for that first month I was playing catch up.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Caviar For This Useful Post:

JungleMum  (22-07-2013)

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We had hardly any visitors.

I organised the baby photo straight away and posted it put with the usual info and also a message about catching up with everyone in the new year so most pol got the hint. I had done all the addresses and envelopes up before hand and dh just printed off the photo thing I made in hospy at big w.

Finn was on nicu and we knew he had kidney problems so we knew he may not come home with us. It was just over two weeks in the end and then a ****** of app and operations from when he was born until the new yr.

I had close friends abd family visit at hospy but it was exhausting. In the end it was too hard in nicu because everyone freaked out and I hated the pity party

This time I think I'll have visitors at hospy.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

JungleMum  (22-07-2013)

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and he was born early November

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

JungleMum  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    First baby it was really hard, I had a difficult birth, then some other stuff happened, all just very intense introduction to parenthood. But we still got out and about, he was 6 weeks old at Christmas so it wasn't too bad.

Second baby was cruisey and easy. She was a calm happy newborn, I was a calm happy mumma and it all just worked. I wanted to get out with her (to show her off) ASAP. I took her to a water park when she was 7 days old. (I was a bit Pfft it's just a baby the second time around lol)

I wouldn't make any plans you can't cancel or cancel any plans you can't remake. Just wait and see how you go.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

JungleMum  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    my second bub was due xmas day 2012. He arrived 2 days later.
    We had the usual family get together xmas eve. They all came to us (we live about a 3hr drive from everyone) and we had lovely lunch at a pub.
    Xmas day was small and restful. My mum and dad visited and cooked us lunch. They went home late arvo.
    2 days later i had bub. Both sest of grandparents came to hospital on the second day (we didnt announce untill mid morning second day).
    Got home on the 3rd day. Family waited and called us when was appropriate to visit. I was home just with DH dd ds and me for a whole week before i had anymore visitors. Friends visited after family had a week later.

I spent the first few weeks feeding and resting. I had DH home for 4 weeks so i could rest all the time and feed forever lol.
    I let ppl hold ds at home. i didnt go out with him untill he was about 4 weeks old only bcause i didnt really have to go out so i didint!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to the very last country song For This Useful Post:

JungleMum  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD was born early November, so was 6 weeks at Xmas. We only had my Mum and MIL at hospital (was there 3 days) and then visitors at home. We had peopke almost straight away, but only on set of visitors per day, so either morning or arvo. We're also lucky that family is understanding so didn't feel any pressure to have people and no one stayed too long.

We went out every day from about 1 week to the shops, etc. I hate being house bound so HAD to get out. Also, the external of our unit was being painted on our first day home so spent the first full day at MIL's place.

Just do what you are all comfortable with, make sure you don't push yourself or your family. Good Luck!!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantsy For This Useful Post:

JungleMum  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For a first time mum I found the sleep deprivation really hard but found bub himself quite easy, the first few weeks babies pretty much feed and sleep. Preparing to go out somewhere was a huge adjustment I found, took ages packing the baby bag, pram in the car etc. I certainly wasn't housebound though, I was out and about.

With ds2 everything was easier because you know a lot more so are more relaxed, well that's how it was for me anyway. And the sleep deprivation was no big deal either.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

JungleMum  (22-07-2013)

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In short.... Hell.

I couldn't stand up without agony for 6 weeks.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to MrJones&Me For This Useful Post:

JungleMum  (22-07-2013)