+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    The Best Recipes Website has a meal planner on it. I tend to use that website 99% more than taste, because a lot of the contributors of recipes seem to be a lot like me- a Mum with kids looking for quick, easy, nutritional meal ideas etc. I like reading the reviews section every other day or so, and if I see a recipe I think I will like, it gets saved into one of my folders.
    From there, it's easy to start collating a meal plan for the week- and it's easy because this shows a weekly view, too.

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I sit down on a Sunday night with hubs and choose my meals, (I do the tried and tested meals but add in 1 or 2 newbies each week, nothing fancy. If that recipe works I print it out and add it to my favourites recipe book.)

Then I go through my week day by day and write out the ingredients I need, I ask hubs if there is anything particular he wants for tea one night or if there's anything he wants me to get.
    Quick double check of the cub/fridge to make sure I'm not doubling up. Then Monday I head to the shops.