Closed Thread
Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ... 418189909192 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Be strong mrst! (although I did get a positive at 9dpo with my first pregnancy so you never know. Good job on 'checking it out'. I can barely reach mine at the moment which has me even more confused. If af was on its way, it would have dropped right back down into easy reach

I did say the website was graphic!

Dh knows everyone has had a laugh at his expense about his hungry 'pacman' style sperm he is a worry

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fair enough MrsT.. still plenty of time for that BFP!

I'm struggling today.. DF quit smoking 3 weeks ago but had a fight with mother yesterday and ended up having a smoke which led her to have another and another.. She justified it by saying she had blown the day anyway.

I was so anxious and stressed last night that I had nightmares and an awful sleep. She hasn't had one today and hasn't even mentioned it but I am just so worried that she will crack again. She is spending the day with her mum tomorrow who is a smoker (that's what the fight was all about) and I'm worried that she will have another. She said she'll be fine but I feel soooo anxious. I just want her to have the best chance possible. Although the stress wouldn't make it better either.. Ugh this just feels too hard today.

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Rain, I completely understand. DH is quitting at the moment, and I hate it so much when he hangs out with friends who smoke. Last sat we went to the pub to watch the grand final. After only a couple of beers, DH had had like 4 cigarettes. By the end of the night he was having one every 30 mins and I just got really angry because he couldn't even see why that was a problem. THATs the bit that annoyed me the most.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh that would make it even harder. DF can see how bad it is and she doesn't want to smoke. She just got so mad and upset that she went back to old coping mechanisms cos that's what she knows. I'm the same.. If I get annoyed I have a smoke. We have been out "drinking" with friends and she has been fine. She hasn't had alcohol for months and doesn't care if people smoke - she just walks away but it's when she is upset or mad that she gets vulnerable. I know it could be worse but I am terrified about this being a long and hard journey for us. I don't know why.. Call it gut instinct. I haven't told her that cos I don't want to stress her out. I also know if we get a BFN she will have one... Part of me thinks I should just shut and relax because she would NEVER smoke while pregnant. I know people that have been smokers and have only stopped when they found out they were preggers... Maybe it will be okay? She hasn't had once since but I'm scared if she lapses again I will lose it! I just don't want to snap and cause a fight because that will make her want to have another!!!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Can I quietly join in here? I won't be TTC my baby but another couples as a gestational surrogate, I've read a few of you will be using IVF so will we obviously..they already have 5 bubsicles on ice from a previous surrogacy which gave them a beautiful daughter. Right now we are going through the paperwork process and it will more than likely be early next year before we can do any transfers.

I'm pretty excited about giving them this gift

Mrs Tugs the countdown to pregnancy website says that of those that were pregnant only 20.2% got a + at 7DPO. I myself got a + at 8DPO using the FR dip tests with my DD which was pretty early in itself!
    Last edited by headoverfeet; 30-09-2013 at 18:56. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Reviews
    HOF - welcome!!! That's an amazing gift that you are giving that couple! My DF is carrying our first child (same sex couple) and we will be using IVF

Can I ask what made you want to be a surrogate? It's something I would like to consider once we have finished our family!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks Head, I know it was early so I'm not too bothered by the neg :-)
    Welcome to our little group! You're in quite a unique situation, will be interesting to hear your side of things in our discussions XD

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    HOF wow you are such an amazing woman, the couple are so lucky to have found you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimnus For This Useful Post:

MrsTugs  (30-09-2013)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Rainbowbabe I've always wanted to be a Mummy and a GS, some kids grow up wanting to be an astronaut..I wanted to have my own babies than help another couple have their own! It was always a huge fear of mine- not being able to have kids, I can't imagine what it would be like and I feel like this is a 'calling' of mine, it's a bit like the desire for a child..that all consuming feeling you get?..something I have to do..very much a privilege for me

MrsTugs thanks for the welcome! Yes very unique, planning the whole TTC, Pregnancy, Birth journey with the parents but not having any dreams or hopes for the baby after, other than them having a loving and happy family of course. Sounds strange but it actually feels very normal to me!

Kimnus thank you I feel very privileged to of found such a loving family

Thanks
    Reviews
    HOF - that's wonderful. My friends are currently looking for a surrogate (male same sex couple) and so I really think that what you are doing is amazing and there are not many people like you that could do it!! I have so much respect for someone who could be so selfless and provide such a huge gift to others. Truly amazing