Closed Thread
Page 9 of 92 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had been looking out for something like this but didn't want to post it myself in case I was the only one too. I didn't want people to think I was jumping the gun by being here if its not an immediate plan. Having said that, I felt more like that a few months back (like an outsider) - now it's starting to feel closer and closer. Truth is, I don't think you can ever be over prepared for a baby!

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbowbabe For This Useful Post:

clucky_duck  (25-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've been a member for quiiiite some time lol. Kept quiet a lot just did some reading. When I joined we didn't even have a planning time frame we were just talking "maybes" and "soon".
    I noticed Myrtle u are WA we are neighbours :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully_a_fertile_mertile View Post
    Haha quilting, now that's something I will leave to MIL, she is an amazing crocheter if that's what it's called

I will def check it out, thanks! I know what you are saying re the car seat 0-4 years. My sister did that for her first and then wanted a capsule so badly for her second, so hired one. So I figure maybe I might just do that and buy the 0-4 year car seat.

I hope the waiting isn't too bad either rainbow...now that we have bought this house, I will be well and truly flat out packing up our current home and getting it ready to be leased. Then it's two weddings and we're off to Bali in Jan. So at least that's the last half of the year wiped away...I feel like I'm wishing my life away just so I can start TTC
    I know what you mean! We are kind of the same. It's like we are ticking off the upcoming events because it brings us one step closer to baby making days!! It's kind of funny! The plus side is that the more hectic life is, the faster it will go! I have to say time is flying lately and for the first time I actually don't mind!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Omg I totally relate to this wishing ur life away thing. I feel like a fool doing it but golly I just want it to be time...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

clucky_duck  (25-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    I noticed Myrtle u are WA we are neighbours :-)
    Me too Mrs T & Myrtle

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowbabe View Post
    I know what you mean! We are kind of the same. It's like we are ticking off the upcoming events because it brings us one step closer to baby making days!! It's kind of funny! The plus side is that the more hectic life is, the faster it will go! I have to say time is flying lately and for the first time I actually don't mind!!

Exactly! And you're right in saying you can never be too prepared for a baby. I think we are all smart cookies planning ahead. At least we can line things up as best we can for when our gorgeous bundles come into the world and give them the best start...im not a huge believer in the whole 'it'll work out in the end.' From what I've read a lot of ladies say that they wish they had planned things out a bit more in terms of money because it was such a struggle. Yes they got through it, but they wouldn't want to do it that way again...very interesting to read people's journeys!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG I am sooooo silly Mrs T, I thought you were talking to someone else re neighbours and it was me hahahahah I promise I'm not this silly all the time wow embarrassing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully_a_fertile_mertile View Post
    OMG I am sooooo silly Mrs T, I thought you were talking to someone else re neighbours and it was me hahahahah I promise I'm not this silly all the time wow embarrassing
    Hahahahahahha!!! It's ok :-)
    There is another WA on here I noticed but not sure who now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Something else too, does anyone else have friends and family falling pregnant all around them? I've got friends everywhere having accidents (happy accidents don't get me wrong) and I'm so green!! All I want is a baby, and these people are having them just cos they don't know what a condom is. Here I am missing out just cos I'm responsible enough to know to wait!!! (Ok rant over lol :-/)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

clucky_duck  (26-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    Something else too, does anyone else have friends and family falling pregnant all around them? I've got friends everywhere having accidents (happy accidents don't get me wrong) and I'm so green!! All I want is a baby, and these people are having them just cos they don't know what a condom is. Here I am missing out just cos I'm responsible enough to know to wait!!! (Ok rant over lol :-/)
    This is me too.. I've got 3 nephews under 5 and quite a few friends with LO's. I'm super clucky but know that waiting is really for the best or I'm going to have to defer a lot of my study, also we have some debt to get under control before bugs comes along.. So many reasons to wait but I really wish we didn't have to!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Vonnie89 For This Useful Post:

clucky_duck  (26-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonnie89 View Post
    This is me too.. I've got 3 nephews under 5 and quite a few friends with LO's. I'm super clucky but know that waiting is really for the best or I'm going to have to defer a lot of my study, also we have some debt to get under control before bugs comes along.. So many reasons to wait but I really wish we didn't have to!
    I know the solution to our problems...winning the lotto hahah!! If only it was that easy, but you know the saying good things come to those who wait and also us waiting makes the time when baby comes that much more special. He/she will be so loved and so appreciated because we have waited for what seems like SO long. We will all be such good mummies because we have put lots of measures in place to make sure they are coming into a good/stable environment!

On the note of being surrounded by babies...the only ones around me are my two nephews. All my school friends are on the road of marriage this year (I was the first), or they haven't gotten 'serious' enough in their relationships. However, DH is from NSW and because he's older, all his friends have kids under 5 we are the only ones who don't...kinda glad I am here for that reason...not so much pressure then
    Last edited by clucky_duck; 26-07-2013 at 01:07.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky_duck For This Useful Post:

Vonnie89  (26-07-2013)