Closed Thread
Page 85 of 92 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hard question for me there, because I've wanted children since I was about 17. I knew I wasn't "ready", but I desperately wanted them. It's actually been about 6-12 months since I decided I was "ready" and that time was mostly waiting for DH to catch up mentally there. I don't know what caused the change or what makes me feel that way. I've never felt "too young", and if I had accidentally fallen at 18 for eg, I still would have been excited and happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I always thought around 26 because I wanted to be married by the time I was 25. Looks like its working out that way too

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good question Coco!! (Hi btw)

For me it was never really an age thing but more that I wanted to accomplish a few things first. I wanted to travel the world and live through my young adult life only worrying about my partner and myself. We were carefree and could do whatever we wanted whenever we wanted. I wanted to get my partying years out of my system and I wanted to be in a stable, secure and well paying job before "settling down". I have experienced so much in the last 10 years (since I moved out of home) and being the person I am, I would have regretted not doing all of those things first. Now that I have all of that out of my system and now that I feel like I have grown as a person, I am ready to settle down and have that responsibility of putting my childrens needs before my own It was never about getting to a certain age, it was about experiencing 'that' sort of life first haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's a really good way of putting it Rain. Although for me, I never felt the need to do that partying teenage thing (I was forced to grow up quickly due to my childhood family situation) so maybe that's why I felt ready sooner than most.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah that could be why.. some people just don't go through that either because they have a different personality and it's not for them We will always be extremely social people but now our idea of a good night is no longer a pub crawl or going clubbing, it's going to a friends place for a BBQ or going to picnics at the beach etc - all the sorts of things that are bub friendly!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I've just never really been the type I guess. I spent my teenagehood dreaming about changing diapers lol I know I'm a little bit wrong in the head :-D

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree. I think it's more about experience than age. I always wanted to be a young mum. But I chose a profession that took a while to set up (5 years in uni and 1 year traineeship, then a number of years to 'prove' myself) The good thing though is that now financially we're really good, we got to travel and even if I go part time I'll be earning more than most. But more importantly I feel emotionally ready now. I must admit I do see some really young mums (and I mean teenagers) and I wonder how they do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also know what you mean Rainbow about doing more bub friendly activities. I certainly don't go out clubbing like I used to

MrsT you're not weird at all. I've always known my biggest goal in life was to be a mum. Your children are your legacy and they're the impact you leave on the world. I think it's how you make the world a better place by giving it better people who you have had a hand in shaping. What an achievement!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Coco I could have written that word for word :-) so true.

Thanks
    Reviews
    can't wait for your BFP! Then hopefully I can join you very soon. How is the TWW going?