Closed Thread
Page 75 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh things may just be falling into place as your envisioned
    Going back to that old lady neighbour, yes I do feel very appreciative of her. In fact, of this neighbourhood! We haven't really lived anywhere, where the community/neighbourly spirit is so alive. Very happy we will be having our children in this neck of the woods!

On a side, rather random note, was speaking with my SIL as her sister just found out she's having another girl. Anyway, we got onto the topic of babies and how my FIL has this rock (I did know about it as he predicted my twin nephews with it) and she said he asked it some questions and it said DH and I are having girls! If it's right, which it has proven to be, I am SO excited!! I'd love a girl weeeeeeee . It was SO crazy because literally when he predicted the twins no one thought that was true not even my other SIL and what do you know at the 12 week scan, twins crop up! That was 5 weeks after he predicted it. An old psychic my FIL hmmm. There are no girls on either sides of our families so far, so very exciting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lol psychic rock I love it. Maybe he can test it on all us too ;-P
    Looks like we will be ready to buy in 3 months. So not just yet, but still plenty of time before bub comes :-)
    Still tossing up between buying and building. Buying means being in sooner, but much smaller and to quite honest crappy ("homely" lol) place. Building means probably moving in right when bub is born YIKES but could probably time it perfectly so we are ready just before bub comes. And nursery could go straight into our brand new beautiful home. There's plenty of blokes who can just do everything I won't have to lift a finger. Or worst case we wait and don't move til bub is a few months old. Whichever feels right we will go with.
    I won't lie I'm leaning more towards building. For a similar price we can get much nicer place and exactly what specs we want. DECISIONS DECISIONS!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahah well when they arrive tomorrow I will be asking him all about my future lol.
    Will let you girls know

Oh building wow MrsT! We were looking at building in the Swan Valley and after weighing it all up, we decided we wanted to be near the city. So glad we made that decision and I kept my eyes peeled on realestate.com because now we have a nice big yard which we wouldn't have gotten if we built. Also is good for DH as he works in the city. So he rides to work most days saving us fuel money. Building is great because you normally get a lot of things you wouldn't when you buy. We will eventually extend the house to have a couple more bedrooms and bathrooms and I will get my dream of having a large walk in wardrobe also want one of those 'mud rooms', so I can hang all the washed clothes in there before ironing and kids school bags etc. So, I feel like I won't miss out altogether on the whole building experience in the end.

I was on gumtree tonight looking at event hire for my sister's upcoming 30th. Wow they have amazing kids birthday things you can hire...gets me so excited as I can basically turn my whole back yard into a playground and theme it out with play equipment and everything. Some ppl are so creative with business ideas!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've seen some pretty amazing birthday ideas, it's so great what resources there are these days for that sort of thing! We used to just go to the rollerdrome every year haha.
    Now I'm all muddled up. Maybe it would be safer to buy. We are looking at keeping our budget reasonably low, but I just don't feel comfortable knowing if we will be okay once we lose a salary. I feel like there's no way to really know until its too late....... Don't want to struggle through life just because we made one bad decision with a mortgage too soon. But geez gotta get outta the rent trap!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did love my bday parties. Sometimes it gets a bit out of hand with lots of ppl wanting the best bday for their kids. All a bit competitive really. I hope I can find a good balance ans not go ott. I do love event planning tho

Hmm its so hard sometimes with big decisions that really make a large dent in your cash flow. We are selling one of the houses in Feb which will hopefully fund me not working for awhile. Hopefully the property market doesn't do anything crazy between now ans then. It can be very stressful thinking about future savings and spending and when you're down to one income. I know dh often worries about that stuff! Just need a magic wand hey mrst. Maybe can you ask a few cluey ppl about what they think re buying or building?

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are going to start building once we start my IVF (hopefully that will be in approx 1 year - ish) so that we can move in just before bub 2 is born. We obviously want to wait until then because we just don't know how many times we will have to go through the IVF cycle and how much it will cost until we have done it. Therefore we aren't committing to anything until then. We have decided we will build though because it will be our family home for a long time (no plans to move any time soon) and we want it to be the way we want. It's also very affordable in our area and is not much more than buying a 40 year old home!!!

I personally wouldn't rush into buying though. We are fortunate to live in DF's family property at the moment so we are out of the rental trap but a mortgage isn't something that you can easily change up or negotiate. Sure you can sell but you could also end up losing money from doing that if you have only been there for a short amount of time. I have always worked in finance and worked for a mortgage company for quite a while so I just don't want to make the same mistakes that I saw so many people make. Speak to a broker or financial adviser though!! It can be very helpful and will make things clearer in your head

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your support guys. DH and I sat down today and did a before and after budget, so basically what our expenses are now, and what we expect them to be once we are on one salary. To be honest it makes me feel much better about everything, cos I tell you right now I was starting to FREAK OUT at the idea of losing a wage.
    We worked everything out and decided YES we can afford to buy sooner rather than later. It's a shame we won't be getting the full 7k First Home Owner Grant, as it will more than likely have already dropped to 3k by the time we are ready.
    So we will be buying established not building, our budget is 375k which is very reasonable for our area, and we will be ready in 3-4 months. This means we need to work quickly lol cos I don't want to be showing a baby belly when we are signing settlement papers lol.
    I feel much better now that I've seen the maths all down on paper in black and white.

Looks like things are really working out for us :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So this pic needs a bit of background info lol. I decided to take my vits to work because that's where I remember them the easiest. Of course I didn't want prenatal vitamins sitting on my desk! (It's a small office, with inquisitive women lol) so.....! I popped them out into an eclipse mint tin, as I always have one if them on my desk anyway lol.
    Well I opened my tin yesterday morning as usual to take a pill, and I realised there was only ONE LEFT! Geez time is whizzing by. Hopefully I remember to bring the next batch in tomorrow lol...

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1378947398.441987.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can never bear to see this place go a whole day without chat so... Happy magical Friday 13th everybody!! :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry ladies, I've been mia - have been reading along though so I know about the psychic rock & buying of houses in the not too distant future

I caved this week...bought some opk's (this is all dh fault & his eagerness!!!) Was rather curious too as to what my body is up to after baby, no af for 2yrs, still bf (albeit only 1 feed a day now). Well, I'm happy that things 'look' like nothing has changed. Positive opk on cd16 which mean o should be cd17. This is as I had prior to conceiving dd so my body is good for something haha

Try keep dry over the weekend perthies. I want summer here already

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app