Closed Thread
Page 71 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    In saying that, if TTC would be delayed by the trip, be it timing or money reasons, I wouldn't go lol. So Hope I know what u mean there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi fading, welcome to our little 'abode'

Mrst, you guys are doing great with your loan, every little bit counts
    Haha you gave me a good giggle there about travelling & not having to pack condoms

Hopefully, I would probably have been offended if my parent had told me to wait another few years too. Reality for most people, financial freedom is very hard to come by and yes, you learn to adjust quickly when you have to. Its not easy but dh & I will make it work on 1 wage so I can stay home until our youngest is in school. At the end of the day, money isn't everything (well I don't think so anyway)

My poor poppet has picked up another snotty nose. My guess is there was someone with bugs at the playschool concert Friday walk into my house at the moment and you'll be knocked flat with the smell of menthol/eucalyptus.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A couple of my mates and I have all come down with something as well. Nothing major, but still no fun :-/
    Hope your house can go back to a sniffle-free zone soon!!
    I've got plans to start up at my local rec centre - 6 months membership gets you access to as many classes as you want. I'm playing indoor soccer at the moment and that's about to end, so the weekly amount I normally put on that will just transfer to this, so no additional costs :-)
    I want to focus on yoga and aqua aerobics as they are the two I will continue through my pregnancy, but there's heaps of other classes, I live the boxing ones and the combat ones which are like fight-dancing lol it's super fun and such high intensity.
    I plan to use this to tone and build my core, not for weight loss, but if it helps I won't complain!!

It's so hard with parents telling us to slow down, I totally relate. But if we all waiting until the "perfect timing" then the human race would have died out long ago. There will always be one thing or another to put it off be it money, career aspirations, holiday, new car, whatever! We can't let these things get in our way, just work around them. Life is gonna throw curve balls, we just have to do our best to stay on our feet as we dodge them! Ultimately there's only two people who know whether you're ready for a baby or not, and your mother is certainly not one of them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Aww Michelle that's no good. Sick household hope DD gets better very soon!!

Damn straight girls. I just have to remember we are the only ones to think about and not pleasing everyone else!! I just need to get better at that or I will keep getting hurt. Totally agree money isn't everything Michelle. I think it can be quite toxic and really consumes some ppl. There will never be a perfect time, that's it mrst. I really need a better come back. Maybe I should just speak from the heart like mum, when you say sthings like that it really offends me and makes me think you think I have poor judgements and don't know what's good for mu future. I value your opinion but it is really up to dh and I when we think the right time is we don't need to be advised....maybe she'll get the hint to butt out then!

Hope you start feeling better soon mrst. Sounds great re group classes. I actually want to do the same and buy 10 sessions. I found by coincidence,, a set of stairs up the road going from the school down to the main road. I'd say there's at least fifty. So could even start running them as I saw a couple of girls doing it

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Michelle - I hope your little poppet feels better soon!

MrsT - I also hope you feel better soon!! When are you thinking of backpacking through Europe? I would really recommend going through June/July because of the weather. Backpacking through winter and colder months could be tough! I spent 3 years overseas and the winters and all the snow was hard at times! You would want to make sure you have somewhere really warm to sleep during the other months and sightseeing whilst slipping on black ice and stomping through snow can be tiring. Wet clothes and feet all the time haha. You might like the winter and of course some countries don't get that cold. I remember going around Germany (was there for winter and spring) Austria, Czech republic, Amsterdam and the UK during winter and I now wish I had just gone to those countries during warmer months as well.

Hope - stay strong and let your mum know when she crosses that line. Every mum could be concerned but its definitely not there place to judge on decisions they don't agree with.

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmmm that's a very good point about weather. We were originally going to go in may-June ish but then when it became backpacking I figured should do that BEFORE preg not during. Didn't think about the change to weather tho... Feb would be quite frosty I bet!!
    Maybe just a quick trip to Ireland or something, better than nothing

Thanks
    Reviews
    I saw a TENS machine on sale on "spreets" today. It was being advertised as a period pain manager (which is a great idea mind you!) but it just got me thinking; what sort of pain management do you plan for in labour? How flexible are you with this plan? I'd be interested to hear from the already-mums too!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So you will all be very proud of me "listening" to my body lol. I was getting lower back twinges thinking "hmm that's weird I only get then when I'm expecting AF" (which I only just worked out recently after 9 years of periods lol). Thought I wasn't due any time soon but just checked my calendar and I'm actually day 26 of cycle so right on schedule lol. Sorry, just had to share haha :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good call on the back pain Mrst - you will ALWAYS notice it now

Unread nixed reviews on using a tens but like anything there will always be those that love something & those that dont. I was going to go to an info session about it with the view of hiring one 'just in case' but never got around to it. wouldn't have used it anyway, my early labour was not uncomfortable at all (hence I didn't realise they were real contractions & I was actually in labour) then I was straight into the bath once at the birth centre where I stayed until after dd was born. *but* if I had a long labour or a posterior bub, I dunno, may have come in handy??

Ducking back out to the garden to weed whilst miss is still asleep. tried yesterday with her out with me, what disaster that was she nicked off with my fork then proceeded to dig a hole in the garden & sit in it. She did bring back a couple of weed 'leaves' though

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I wish I didn't notice hahha. They say ignorance is bliss for a reason :P

So cute your DD "helping". Kids are the cutest in their silliness.