Closed Thread
Page 6 of 92 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I hear PND is something that your friends and family should be prepped for; they will see it in you long before u see it in urself. Just something so simple as "not acting like yourself" is the beginning signs. I don't know how much that ties in with anxiety but I'm sure it's all fairly similar aka tied to hormones emotions n stress.

I'm so glad there's so many others here as well. I felt like an idiot joining a baby forum when we are still so far from TTC let alone UTD lol. Good to see I'm just normal :-P

In regards to getting baby expenses out of the way before doing house I COMPLETELY understand. Esp when you've got two non-blood wombs, you want siblings to at least share their dad. I know a ss couple who spent extensive time and research on finding a donor who looked very similar to themselves when young to help enhance the link.
    Of course family is about more than just blood and looks, but it's nice to do what u can :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Absolutely... We'd love for them to be related if possible. There's still a chance they won't be despite going through the trouble to ready at the same time etc. There is a law which only allows a donor to have 5 "families" - including their own. Basically means if DF uses someone who has 2 families already, must assume they will have their own that means only one other person can select them or I will miss out. Timing is so crucial!! Especially because we need to see that a pregnancy takes for her before we create my embryos! There would be no point in me using the done and freezing only to find that she doesn't get a successful pregnancy and that donor is no longer available... She would then have to pick someone else.. Then we would have done mine for nothing!! Ugh!!! It's going to be stressful but hopefully they can be related. It doesn't matter to me but it would be nice for them. I want them to have that

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Gee sounds stressful lol 8-|
    You're right, it doesn't matter if they're related, not like u will love them any differently lol. But it would most likely help them in the eyes of each other, especially once they're old enough to really understand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrstugs, you are exactly right, friends and family usually should be the ones who notice first that things are not quite right. In the case of my SIL, she had bad PND after her first was born, yet she to this day does not admit it. She blamed the whole world for all her problems and still does, as in it was the entire families fault she wasn't happy because nobody offered to babysit so she could go out for dinner! In the end, after four years, it cost her, her marriage, her ex was a total ****, who alienated himself from her when she went wasn't coping. Sorry now I'm rambling!
    I'm doing much better now, I definitely think my situation is hormonal, which is why I haven't gone on medication, I feel at certain times of the month I'm great and then sometimes not so much! The anxiety flared up again recently when we started talking about TTC, I think we just have so much going on this year that it kind of spooked me. I'm so wanting another bub, but if I have more time, then my kids will be that bit more independent which I think will help me be better off during a pregnancy and when the baby comes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome all the new members!!

Dimindbub I have PTSD, anxiety and depression (not from babies, but from trauma when I was 14) but unfortunately Because of all of the baby hormones my anxiety got worse, so I understand all the feelings you were talking about.

I must be the only one waiting around until 2014 for health reasons, I need to wait for special bloods, due to a couple of blood conditions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimnus View Post
    I must be the only one waiting around until 2014 for health reasons, I need to wait for special bloods, due to a couple of blood conditions.
    What kind of bloods? If you don't mind me asking. Do you have to wait to have them at a special time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im actually working on quitting not a big problem for me but DP is struggling with that and the more I push her the harder it gets for her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbow just interested which area are you from and which clinic will you guys be using?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Completely understand H&H.. I was having the same issue so I'm trying to back off now. I don't want to put too much pressure on her and send her the other way. We are using fertility first (they are in Hurstville). They have been great! We have our next appointment in just over a week to discuss some more blood test results and then from there it really is just a matter of us telling them when we are good to go

Thanks
    Reviews
    DP and I are still shopping for clinics and fertility first is on our top 3. We should have it all worked out by September.