Closed Thread
Page 55 of 92 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Would be interested too. Then I can see what a realistic budget will be. Should make it easier to go without things and put into the baby fund then.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    So I spoke with DH tonight. We are going to start trying in 6 months time, not in 12. Omfg I'm so excited, I know it's still ages away but it will go so quickly it feels much more achievable
    And the best part is I still belong in this group LOL cos we will start in feb which is still 2014 teehee
    Oh how exciting. It won't be long until it is 2014

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowbabe View Post
    I also forgot about the weigh in!! Please post your updates and I will fix it up tonight!! Fingers crossed that we have all done well!

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!
    Sorry I haven't done this, this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoblue View Post
    Kimnus - how's your DD? I hope she's feeling better.
    Thanks for asking.

She is still not eating, but her fluid intake has which is great! She still has a long way to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Kim I'm so sorry to hear that bub is not doing great, but glad there's an improvement! Please keep us updated whenever you are here, we're all thinking of you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ok this is what I've worked out so far. I'd be interested to hear what others think! We have gone not just 'bare necessities' exactly, but what we think are just the important. No excess....... and for some reason I can't go to the next line so this is going to be a bit crowded!! Cot/change table/bookshelf/dresser (we can get a package deal second hand on gumtree) = $700; Crib Netting (we have cats) = $70; Nursing Chair = $180; feeding pillow = $20; mobile = $20; block out curtains = $50; lamp = $40; baby monitor = $200; toy box = $100; fan = $50; White noise = $40; Diaper Genie = $60. TOTAL = $1,530. Round it up to $2,000 for extras like jumpsuits nappys, rash cream etc and anything I've missed, and we are still 3k under anticipated budget!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    Ok this is what I've worked out so far. I'd be interested to hear what others think! We have gone not just 'bare necessities' exactly, but what we think are just the important. No excess....... and for some reason I can't go to the next line so this is going to be a bit crowded!! Cot/change table/bookshelf/dresser (we can get a package deal second hand on gumtree) = $700; Crib Netting (we have cats) = $70; Nursing Chair = $180; feeding pillow = $20; mobile = $20; block out curtains = $50; lamp = $40; baby monitor = $200; toy box = $100; fan = $50; White noise = $40; Diaper Genie = $60. TOTAL = $1,530. Round it up to $2,000 for extras like jumpsuits nappys, rash cream etc and anything I've missed, and we are still 3k under anticipated budget!!

Nice work MrsT!! Are you going to do the car seat and pram? Also baby bath, baby bouncer...high chair won't be needed for 4 months after bubs. Just thinking of other things we may need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also put in there breast pump or bottles/bottle sanitizer. I think they both go for around $200.

I think if you buy as you go once you are pregnant it'll be easier. And if you're planning on having a baby shower a lot of the little things can be covered there.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cocoblue For This Useful Post:

clucky_duck  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you ladies going to be using a bassinet? Or straight to cot? We want to have the bub in our room for the first few months so we are getting a bassinet.

Also, a good thermometer is a must in my books. We chose one that you just point at their foreheads and press the button (like a laser). That way it can be used when they are sleeping or fussing and it won't aggravate them. It can also be used on liquids! Point and shot at the bath and you know what temp the water is. Very handy. It was about $100 so not too bad.

We also want to baby wear as much as we can (and use pram when we aren't) so one of the costs for us is on wraps - love the moby wraps and they aren't too expensive. We will probably spend $100-$150 on those.

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Derp my bad. Obviously we missed pram & car seat. We will be getting a capsule. DH and I will look at brands tonight. Thermometer definitely. Wrap yes, bouncer we will get given for sure.
    Breast pump will wait til bub is born.
    Thanks guys! We are slowly filling in the gaps :-)
    I really haven't decided what I intend to do with bub sleeping wise. Gonna have to think that through. Not a co-sleep fan. Want them in the nursery as soon as possible though. Ill ponder on that one

Oh last night was so great. DH and I sat down together and went through the list I has compiled, searched brands and prices on the Internet. He was actively involved and had an opinion on everything. Never seen him like that before with baby!! Think I'm rubbing off on him!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great news MrsT.

Also I recommend checking some of the other threads on baby expenses. There is some good stuff on here.

We were out for lunch with some friends the other day and they were talking about the cost of prams. They bought theirs floor stock so instead of paying $1100 they paid about $700. I've also heard a lot of baby stores price match so it's probably a good idea to get catalogues and keep an eye out.

When speaking to my friend about prams she suggested I buy one that has the capacity for an extra baby seat attachment. She said she is now going to have to buy another pram when she has bub #2. So that might be worth thinking about when you buy your pram.

So much to consider! I think I'm just going to worry about it once I'm pregnant!

MrsT do you have any recommendations on parenting articles/books? I noticed you mentioned you have been reading a few

Thanks
    Reviews
    Coco I find the best thing to do is just scroll through the "recent" tab on here. I do it every day. I read pretty much anything that isn't about ivf or TTC groups (only because of irrelevance). It not only reveals real every day problems, it offers real every day advice :-) articles are great, but what could be better insight than a woman going through something specific herself.
    I don't intend to buy many if any books. I think the Internet is such a great resource, just utilise google!! Type a question into google and see where it takes you! After a few clicks I guarantee you an hour later you'll wonder how you got to where u are (I always end up somewhere TOTALLY RANDOM but you will have learnt a lot along the way !

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post: