Closed Thread
Page 53 of 92 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awww no Michelle! ms is the pits I can imagine. Track record for my granny, mum and sister is pretty terrible in terms of ms. Mum was hospitalised with my sister ugh. I just am prepping for the absolute worst in that department. And you know what interesting, my MIL was preg with my DH and his twin brother and not one ounce of ms. How is that possible, with double the hormones..

I remember when my sister had to go throw up because her DH cooked the toast a bit too long, I was thinking what the???How can cooked toast be an offensive smell, poor love didn't get better until 4.5 months.

I briefly told mum tonight about bubhub. I just said, Mum I want to be as prepared as possible for my impending motherhood and how to raise my child. Think she was impressed with my efforts

Then we watched 60 minutes and saw sick children on there...breaks my heart and got us talking about how you never think you will get pregnant, then give birth and everything seems ok and then your poor child ends up developing a disease, how heart breaking. I think I will literally never really stop worrying as a parent about all the things that could happen Gotta try and find a way of stopping that though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!!

Guess what?! I'm back to work today yay!!!! Have healed enough and am good to go back!

For that reason I'll keep this fairly short (I'll do more personals tonight)

MrsT - that's great about moving the date forward!!! So exciting!! I don't think there is anything wrong with that especially because it may not happen straight away so while you're trying you can still be saving and clearing debt etc

Hope - that's awful about the sick bubs. I think it's scary that you just never know what will happen. I think first we would be terrified with the pregnancy and then we would be terrified about the birth and waiting to see if they are okay... My friends cousin was over 6mths pregnant and just lost her twins. So awful! I feel so sad when I hear things like that. Another friend who was having twins found out she had lost one at 7 months but the other was okay. She gave birth and the other was still born. She didn't talk for days - it was heartbreaking.

Ugh anyways!! Enough of that sad stuff. With our our ceremony and reception, we only want about 50 people there. We had about 65 at our engagement which was a mini wedding as well as it was quite formal.

We have picked a venue overlooking the beach (as we did for the engagement as well) because we spent our first night together at the beach, we got engaged on an island in Fiji and well the beach is significant for us. We are going to be doing small but sentimental things at the ceremony and reception so we want to really make it a sweet and romantic day for us - not so much the big circus lol. We just want it to be as intimate as possible. The ceremony will be in a gazebo outside overlooking the water an the reception is a function room with gorgeous silk draping on the ceiling and also has total views of the water

Okay I said I was going to keep this short LOL!!! I'll be back later! Have a great day!

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also forgot about the weigh in!! Please post your updates and I will fix it up tonight!! Fingers crossed that we have all done well!

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Actually put on weight this week 89.6. But it is my period week so that's understandable. Next week just have to lose double lol.
    Loan is at $24.4k

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls! Sorry I haven't been on - Had a busy bday weekend but I think I've caught up on all the posts. I haven't weighed myself today so I'll do that tomorrow although I dont think I'll like what I see with all the bday feasts I had over the weekend. Quick Question - are all your partners just as excited as you for TTC? My DH seems to just be going with the flow as he knows how much I want a baby but doesn't really seem to be overly excited about the whole thing - Hes told me he wants it and hes excited about starting a family and doesn't want to be too old but hes just not excited if you know what I mean?! For example the other night I said ' Do you want to find out the sex or want a surprise?' and he responsed with 'whatever you want'... I think its a guy thing and the type of person he is.. but just wanted to know if anyone else is going through or been through the same thing?? ( Oh & Stupid blonde question but how do I start on a new line - i.e. press enter ???)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Are u on ur phone? I hit "return" which is "enter" and that brings to new line.
    On PC I assumed u just press enter, though never used pc to post only browse.

My DH was very "meh" about it all for quite some time. He's made it clear he wants to, and soon, but it's only just recently that he has started coming out of his shell with all this. I find u just gotta keep asking those questions, and eventually u will touch on one that he DOES have an opinion about and that will hopefully get the ball rolling. But yes I agree my DH is a very "yes dear" sort, and doesn't have an opinion unless he believes very strongly. He is adamant his children will never go to a private school as he thinks it makes them "soft" lol. This is one of the few child related discussions he will really enter into.
    Good luck! Just keep engaging!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohh this is interesting. My dh is the same. Never starts the convo its always me. Although he really surprised me the other day because there was an ad to do with conception on the tv and he just looked and me and smiled. Its a small start but means a lot as he is obviously listening even when he seems disinterested in the topic.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dh was quite the same so yes, probably a man thing even when we were having troubles conceiving and I was convinced something was wrong (and I was right!) He was always "it'll happen, stop stressing". Very relaxed about it all

BUT once we were pregnant, he became very involved, read the books, watch YouTube videos on 'caring for baby' haha. He bcame besties with the ladies at the ergo baby carrier display at the baby expo, trying all the carriers, flopping the "babies" in and out, *trying* to be charming. They thought he was just the greatest!

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh and Jen, hope you had an awesome birthday

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    As I said quite some time back, I think DH will be the sort who doesn't really acknowledge it until I've got a big fat belly, or he's holding bub in his arms. He's just that type. I think honestly it's just a lack of imagination. He will be an amazing father, but he just can't see it yet.