Closed Thread
Page 50 of 92 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's a stress you don't need RAinbow! Hope it all ends up being the outcome you want, and not too difficult a process.

Sorry to hear about DD Kim Hope she gets better soon!!

Have the sorest lower back, like it's bruised and no idea how it came about. Thought a good night's sleep would fix it but it's still tender hmm. Just had a visit from my sister and her two little boys. Wow am I glad we are moving to a bigger house on the 23rd. Two kids, three adults and a dog just don't seem to fit where we are right now...ahh looking forward to space!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Candy - we wouldn't need to be pregnant at the same time but we would both have to go through IVF and all expenses that come with it at the same time. My embryos could then be stored for future use.

Unfortunately because they need the payment 5 weeks in advance it means paying $20k next month and we weren't going to be able to do that til October. Looks like we won't be trying til November if we do it that way. Trouble is it still doesn't guarantee that we get the same donor anyway! If one of us have no luck with our embryos as have to go again then we may need to choose another donor anyway!!!!

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's a shame Rainbow.

I hope it all works out. Fingers crossed.

Guys, just FYI - Big W has a sale on for pregnancy vitamins and baby books. I think that Kaz Cooke book 'Up the Duff' is reduced to $30.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cocoblue For This Useful Post:

clucky_duck  (11-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh Rain I'm so sorry you're going through this debacle. I know how hard it is when you're fighting life for "what's right" versus waiting even LONGER. Sometimes just gotta step back and decide what's most important, and go from there.
    We decided we would not be buying a house before we start TTC, as it would have pushed us further away again. Instead we are just going to save as much as possible in the 6 months, and put it aside. If we add to it great, if we don't, we don't.
    I really wanted to go the "right" way; wedding, house, kids. Not because I believe it's wrong to do it any other way, just that I believed it was the smartest financially.
    Well let me tell you know that I wish we had been smarter about our wedding costs. It all got so out of hand, and we will be still paying it off a year after the actual event! :-(
    Lets just win the lotto and start TTC tomorrow!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry about the novel earlier lol. I tend to go off on tangents and have a lil rant haha :-/
    I've been reading up on behaviour in children and I'm intrigued. Feel kinda weird in that I realised just now that I use my "techniques" on my husband lol 8-|
    Guess I always knew he was just a big kid :-P
    Consider it practice?? Lol!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh cool Coco. Might look online

MrsT, weddings are SO expensive!! Everything goes up in price as soon as you mention 'wedding'. We were very fortunate to have family assistance, but even with that it was still costly. Hopefully with this new house it won't inhibit our saving ability too much...really hope we can put away a fair bit of $$ before TTC because I know the spending will start as soon as first trimester is over. Not just with me buying clothes for bubs but just setting up and then it never really stops after the baby is born.

Do you ladies have an amount you hope to save before TTC or having the baby? I'm not really sure how much is enough, or a reasonable amount to cover things...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    Sorry about the novel earlier lol. I tend to go off on tangents and have a lil rant haha :-/
    I've been reading up on behaviour in children and I'm intrigued. Feel kinda weird in that I realised just now that I use my "techniques" on my husband lol 8-|
    Guess I always knew he was just a big kid :-P
    Consider it practice?? Lol!!
    Rant away hun, that's what this is here for...a listening ear

Where have you been reading that info, sounds very interesting! I so want to buy that up the duff book now lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not reading anywhere specific, just searching around a lot on Internet, reading articles and listening to other Hubbers' opinions etc. I find diff behavioural techniques very interesting. And I strongly believe that setting the score from day dot is important.
    I am all for firm parenting. I'm not here to be their friend, I'm here to make them a good person, and a benefit to society. I know that sounds cold, but that's my honest belief. That's the entire point of procreating. Don't get me wrong though, I believe love and care are so very very important. I just enjoy reading up on how others do things etc
    I've recently been unconsciously teaching DH the art of "following through" lol. He is beginning to understand that these days when I say something I mean it. That it's not ok to make the SAME mistake a bazillion times and just say sorry, only to do it again. Honestly it sounds dumb, and almost condescending. But I think it will help our relationship. Not that we are suffering or anything, but everyone has their problems :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whoops another rant lol 8-|

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahah good stuff MrsT. Def getting in a lot of good reading by the sounds. That is something I should start focusing on too! It's VERY important to follow through,totally with you there.
    I think I am just so preoccupied with the 'fun' things of parenting like beginning TTC, shopping for prams and nursery items. I really need to start thinking about the more serious side and that is raising a little person who will be a contributing part of society. I have done quite a bit of my career in mental health and feel privileged for that experience as it has taught me a whole heap about what makes ppl tick and how childhood experiences and traumas play out MASSIVELY in adult life. So, so important to get a good, wholesome foundation early in life to prevent issues in adulthood

I looked at the Perth Montessori school 0-3 playgroup which looks great. It's two times a week for 2 hours and it's all about early cognitive development, with support from great educators. Think it'd be a really worthwhile investment. Also Ngala has seminars which sounds amazing and there are heaps around Perth. Have you heard of Ngala MrsT?
    Last edited by clucky_duck; 11-08-2013 at 01:20.