Closed Thread
Page 5 of 92 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Haha well I'm glad by posting isn't too annoying!

I completely understand his "I just want one" argument but also understand how it can sound pretty lame as an excuse. The FS said smoking lowers the quality of eggs and sperm because the blood around them has toxins - makes sense!! Hopefully he comes around and will make an effort! I'm still not sure how DF will do. I have something stopping me but she doesn't wish she had her tonsils out too lol. Trouble is they took hers out when she was a kid.

I think the more we talk baby and look at baby things, the easier she finds it to cut down because she knows we won't TTC until she's quit. Once all the money is there the only thing stopping us would be that really.

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by michellek View Post
    Rainbow, chat away! I've got a chatty group of ladies from dd's dig (due in group) and its great. Especially when you're doing it tough, it can be nice to 'offload' all your thoughts

Its great to hear you are all wanting to save $$ before bubs. Dh and I did it that way, made sure we were as set up as possible and that we had enough extra cash to at least get me through the 1st year. We did so well that the money we had saved ended up going onto the mortgage as we can get by on just dh's wage. I'm grateful we are in this position and that there is no need for me to return to work at all.

Though after the night I had with a sick and screaming 16mo last night, I would prefer to be anywhere but home today!

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Thanks It's nice to just ramble on sometimes and get things out of my head!! Sorry about your bad night! Is your little one okay today?

Definitely agree.. It's nice to have a little nest egg to eat into for things like this. We have always been good savers but this is just a bit longer because the last thing we would want is to have to stop TTC and save up some more before we can continue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Rainbow what sort of costs are you looking at with IVF? Are you aware of any fertility issues either of you may have or is it just social infertility? Knowing ur body is healthy would make going into ivf much easier mentally I'm sure :-)
    We want to be able to have a big enough nest egg for the same reason. I am in the beginning stages if starting my own online business, but it's doubtful that this will be enough to support us while I'm not working.
    The last thing we want is to save up a house deposit just to blow it all because we were unprepared.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That makes sense MrsT. What sort of online business is it? Are you transitioning into that from something else? What does everyone do for work?

With all the tests we have had it looks like we are all good just missing the sperm. We really could have tried insemination but we thought we would jump straight to IVF because of the chances and cost involved. A vial of sperm is approx $1000. To do insemination it's approx $2800 whereas IVF is about $9000 and you could end up with embryos that can be frozen.

I guess the added upfront cost is because we want to use the same donor so I have to go through the process and freezing at the same time. So it doubles the cost now instead of it being $9-10k now and then $9-10k in a couple of years when I carry.

It will all be worth it and means that we don't have to try and save that money once we have our mortgage. We want to wait for me to be UTD before building because at the moment we can save a lot of money and spend more on fertility I need be. Once we have that mortgage we can't just round up the money in a fe weeks to go again because we will be paying the mortgage. Does that make sense? We just want to make sure all the big medical expenses are done and dusted before building. That's also why we plan on having them close together.

Call me crazy but I want to start TTC when first bub is born. That way they will have maybe 9-12 mths between them. As soon as we know I'm good to go then we can start building and maybe even be in the new home before first bub turns 1

Talk about the mad rush to get it all done!! Once we know I'm UTD we will know that the money sitting there is "home" money not "baby" money anymore.

Can you tell I've taken my painkillers? Ramble much?! Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbowbabe, I quit smoking before I conceived my first DD, it took 18 months to get pregnant with her so I wanted to make sure I was we'll and truly done with the smokes before baby..... Anyway, I was quite a heavy smoker pre babies, and I found the best way to quit was to completely change my routine. You know how you have certain times of the day you always need a cig, like with a morning coffee, after dinner etc... Well we stopped smoking inside for one ( that's essential when a baby comes along anyway), and with the rest of the day when I would be used to having one I would have a glass of water or cup of tea, or go do some house work, fold washing etc... It's hard but nowadays, I can have a cigarette once in a blue moon when I'm having a drink with friends or something, and its been 5 years since I was a full time smoker.

Currently I don't work, I'm a SAHM, my younger DD goes to childcare 2 days a week, next year she will be in kinder so it seems like the perfect time to have another baby, but I think waiting the extra year so the end of 2014, will give me time to get my stuff sorted. I suffer from anxiety, I'm not on meds or anything, but I have quite bad post natal anxiety after my youngest, DH doesn't want to see my go through a rough patch like that again, so the extra year will give me more time to focus on the new house and have some 'me' time before bringing another bub into the house!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's awesome Diamondbub.. It's always nice to hear when other people are able to stop smoking. I haven't been craving any so I should be okay. As for DF - the more I try and encourage her the more she goes the other way. The pressure of trying to quit makes her light up another. I'm going to try and leave it alone with her and not even mention it. Maybe she will quit without me taking notice lol.

That's no good about the anxiety. I hear so many people go through it but I am not too sure what it really is. That might sound silly. I understand the concept but not sure what the signs are and how someone actually feels when going through it. That's awesome that you are a SAHM though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone! I'm so excited that I've stumbled upon this thread =) my DF and I are planning to start TTC late 2014 (probably September). I'd love to start right now but I'm only half way through my first year of uni so we are going to try our best to time the birth around my exams and clinical placement, if we can. I "accidentally" fell pregnant three years ago but we had a miscarriage at 6 weeks which to be honest was probably a blessing in disguise as neither of us were ready for a child at that time. I fell pregnant after only a week of missing the pill so I'm hoping that next year it is just as easy.. Looking forward to sharing our journeys =)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Vonnie!!

Wow I never knew that there were so many of us on BH but waiting to TTC. I just figured that I was the only person out there twiddling their thumbs lol.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbowbabe For This Useful Post:

clucky_duck  (25-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My post natal anxiety was diagnosed long after it started, there's lots to it, but basically I hated everything about every day and had no control over my emotions, anger, sadness, happiness, just always felt like everything is so hard. It's not supposed to feel like that after you have a baby. It's not all roses and sunshine, it's hard, but if you feel it's too hard then that's whe the spectrum begins for post natal depression/anxiety/mood disorders etc....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow.. How are coping now? Sounds pretty awful but hopefully you are getting the support needed. Is it hormone related? Does it just go away once hormones are back to normal or is it not as simple as that? Thank you for sharing. I guess it's good to be aware of because you never know who might suffer from it. I'd like to think if DF did, I would be able to notice it ASAP and provide the necessary support for her.