Closed Thread
Page 46 of 92 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lol love the clean eating issue!! So you mean you don't just put food in the dishwasher? Damn haha. DF and I have been talking dates for TTC again today. This wait is becoming harder and harder the closer we get!

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbowbabe For This Useful Post:

MrsTugs  (06-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by darla87 View Post
    Plus next time il be going private (bad public experience has put me off), so will news o save for that. Though some days I just want to start trying now!
    Welcome darla!! Wow first month of trying, that's amazing

Interesting you say that about public as a few posts back I mentioned my SIL going private for her twin delivery last week as her first born was in a public and the birth was really bad and also our mutual friend had the same and went private for second. I hope your next birthing experience is a lot better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just caught up on more posts...clean eating is good, but doesn't necessarily mean it will help you lose weight (especially if it's something like this:http://cleananddelicious.com/2009/03..._and_walnut_c/. Carbs and sugar are the biggest no, nos for weight loss so if you want to see results, cut down a bit of that and exercise and you'll see it fall off you. As Michelle Bridges says have one cheat meal a week! Higher protein levels are best. Unless you have a very physical occupation, you won't burn off the sugar and carbs, normally ones metabolism is not that quick/good. Also a good suggestion is the 2 and 5 diet. It means eating normally for 5 days and doing calorie restriction for 2...many studies have been done on this and increasing life expectancy. Just a suggestion

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girls my really close friend who is 36 just miscarried I don't know what to say or do to help her.

It's also given me a real scare. Just the other day we were talking about her future baby and all the things we should buy...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope - that's a great suggestion about the 2 and 5 diet. I'll look into that. I definitely think my issue is a lack of exercise as well. Corporate world equals lunches out every day and not a lot of physical exercise. I need to make time time to exercise!!

Coco - I am so sorry to hear that. Can they tell what went wrong? How far along was she? It's hard knowing what to say. Sometimes there isn't a lot you can say. Maybe having a read the pregnancy loss threads might give an idea of what others say to help the ladies going through it as well.

I can understand why you are shaken up too. It's just an awful reminder that anything can happen and that it's not always the happy ever after ending that everyone hopes for. I am scared out of my brain that we will face the same thing. I have my fingers crossed but 1 in 6 pregnancies end in a miscarriage (maybe more as some never know they were even pregnant). All I can say is that by having extra time to prepare before you have a bub on board, you may be able to prevent causes for miscarriage and avoid it as best as possible

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!
    Last edited by rainbowbabe; 06-08-2013 at 22:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoblue View Post
    Girls my really close friend who is 36 just miscarried I don't know what to say or do to help her.

It's also given me a real scare. Just the other day we were talking about her future baby and all the things we should buy...
    Oh that's simply awful Coco. Your poor friend! From my sister's experience with an ectopic pregnancy, my personal advice is just to be supportive by letting her know you're there if she needs a shoulder to cry on, or someone to confide in. I think she will let you know if she needs to talk that way, and it lets her know she has you there

It does make me nervous also...maybe that's where my whole thing about keeping my preg news just to direct fam before 12 weeks and after that time, we will share with everyone else. It would be so hard to deal with, so heart breaking. Not sure I'd like every person asking if I was ok.

Like Rainbow asked, how far was she along? I so hope it doesn't happen again for her, poor sweetie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Coco, sorry to hear of your friends loss. I totally understand the raw hurt she will be feeling right now, its really an awful thing to happen at any stage. Its hard to know what to say, having been through it I still don't think I would know the exact words to say if a dear friend went through it also. I'm sorry just doesn't seem enough sometimes

Rainbow - my gp told me when we fell pregnant the 1st time m/c rates are as high as 1 in 3. Little did I know I would fall into that statistic, something you don't want to think too much about

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your kind words girls. My friend was about 10 weeks along. But even though it was early days her and her DH were so excited and planning their future together.

I could really identify with them. And although I'm really excited about the future, I'm also really nervous about how difficult this journey can be. It's so emotionally taxing. But fortunately my friend is quite a string personality and she is ready to try again. Fingers crossed it all goes well. I also told her to refer to this website since there are such wonderful people on here that can provide support.

I apologise I didn't say this earlier - but welcome to all the new people! It's so exciting to be thinking of the future.

I will be starting my swisse pregnancy vitamins in late September. And I'm really trying to eat well (although I did have a couple of glasses of red) I'm also trying to stop drinking coffee - I think I'm finding that the hardest. Is anyone else making changes to their diet this early in the piece?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Coco The excitement of finding out you're pregnant and planning for the future then to have it taken away is heartbreaking. We had lots of trouble keeping a pregnancy when conceiving DD2 and for me I didn't want to talk about it so I don't think you actually need to say anything about her loss but just the fact of her knowing you are there to lean on if she needs would help.

I would start taking pregnancy vitamins early. I took them for 5 years straight and when I stopped taking them I swear my energy levels dropped so they help in that way too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear about your friends loss Coco, as you can see I have my own losses, and with each one it is as heart breaking as the first.

My little bubba (well she is 11 months now) had a temp of 39.2 last night, so it was a very long night.